Corolla 08 Sedan Front Headlight Casing Size?

Hey All,

So after I just finished my sound system, I've now moved to my headlights, I wanna throw in some HID Xenon 4000k OR 5000k (Which ever is THE MOST WHITEST), however I do not know the size of the bulb socket, nor do I know how to install these lights. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Preferably shed some Xenon light on me PLEASE! :)

Also, since my Corolla is STOCK, DO I HAVE TO MOD my front headlights? I would like them to point up a bit more, as right now, they seem a bit to low... (Yes, I've set the angle of the lights to zero passenger, but its still too low, I can't see S%$^)

If you want the whitest, I would go for the 5000k. It has a very slight blue tint to it, but it is this that gives it that really clean white look. As for the size of the original bulb, just look in your manual, otherwise someone here with the same car should be able to help you out.

So you have already adjusted your headlights? Not saying it will be impossible, but adjusting headlights is not the most fun thing to do. I'd suggest if you still want to adjust it yourself, wait till you put HID's in, then adjust since the HID's will be really bright and it will be best to adjust it with them.

I did look in my manual I even went to Toyota (Le Manz) & asked, they said "Sorry, we can't give you that information, otherwise something might go wrong and you blow up or something" I later replied with "If I don't get this information I'm definitely gonna blow myself up because I don't know what is what, that's why I need some info on whats what NOW, so I'm safe" then the guy replied with "Nah, we just can't give that out sorry"

So this leads me to asking the forums.

Nah, I don't want those, I want my car to still look normal, I just want Xenon, for the looks :) I'm too young to have expensive stuff.

Anyway, any idea what the casing size is?

hey mate, i have just upgraded my stock globes to hid xenons. very easy mod, jus make sure u mount the ballasts in a secure location.

the globe size you need is h11.

look at the difference between the stock lights and the hid...

post-10504-1241192248_thumb.jpg

Nah, I don't want those, I want my car to still look normal, I just want Xenon, for the looks :) I'm too young to have expensive stuff.

Anyway, any idea what the casing size is?

hey mate, i have just upgraded my stock globes to hid xenons. very easy mod, jus make sure u mount the ballasts in a secure location.

the globe size you need is h11.

look at the difference between the stock lights and the hid...

Okay, Nikko, could you please help us out here, I don't know what I'm REALLY meant to do. Do I just pull out my old head lights?

Do you MAYBE have a step by step guide? don't forget it's a 2008 Corolla Sedan, is H11 the size?

i think all new model of corolla, 07 08 09 uses H11 bulb correct me if wrong. As i changed my bulb to H11 crystal white light 4300k sometime last year.

Wait does this mean I just pull out my old bulbs and put the new XENON 5000K in?

Or is there still something I'm missing?

i think all new model of corolla, 07 08 09 uses H11 bulb correct me if wrong. As i changed my bulb to H11 crystal white light 4300k sometime last year.

Wait does this mean I just pull out my old bulbs and put the new XENON 5000K in?

you replaces your standard halogen globe with the new xenon globe and the ballast simply plugs into the original plug for the headlight loom. if you purchase a kit it will come with easy to follow instructions

you replaces your standard halogen globe with the new xenon globe and the ballast simply plugs into the original plug for the headlight loom. if you purchase a kit it will come with easy to follow instructions

Thanks :) I feel happy, I don't need to pay for installation, it sounds so DAMN easy :)

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

Can someone please confirm the bulb sizes for the ZRE sedan headlights?

Hi Beam?

Lo Beam?

I wanna swap them with the Phillips Diamond or Crystal Vision Bulbs or IPF FatBoys (which are even better) but I need to know the bulb sizes Toyota used.

I read somewhere that bulb sizes were as follows:

Low Beam HB4

High Beam HB3

Can you please confirm.

I'm pretty sure the bulb sizes would be the same as the hatch. The High beams are HB3 (9005). As for the low beams i'm not 100% sure but most likely their H11. I'm pretty sure it says which one it is in the manuall

I'm pretty sure the bulb sizes would be the same as the hatch. The High beams are HB3 (9005). As for the low beams i'm not 100% sure but most likely their H11. I'm pretty sure it says which one it is in the manuall

i think its HB4 for the sedan low beams. but seriously, its got to be in the manual

i think its HB4 for the sedan low beams. but seriously, its got to be in the manual

Yep manual says HB4 for the lows and HB3 for the highs

Edited by phat_azn

Thanks :) I feel happy, I don't need to pay for installation, it sounds so DAMN easy :)

so how did u got with it mate?

im thinking to change mine too

but still havent got the time to search for the right HID lights..

what are u getting btw?

D35

so how did u got with it mate?

im thinking to change mine too

but still havent got the time to search for the right HID lights..

what are u getting btw?

D35

hey i changed my headlights to xenon 6000k and da light bulb size should say on da headlight unit HB3 for hi beam and for da low beam is HB4