Ceramic brakes and performace rotors

Hey there TOCAU guys and girls,

Quick scenario, I've recently purchased a set of 18" Verde Helix chrome rims for my '07 Camry Sportivo and am currently looking into purchasing some ceramic brake pads. Anyone got any suggestions for what brand to buy? I've heard Protex is pretty good but any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, upon installation of the ceramic brakes I am looking at getting new rotors, now should I stick with the solid standards or look at getting cross drilled or slotted to compliment the ceramic brakes? I'm thinkin' maybe the ceramic brakes will perform better on a solid surface rotor (more surface area) or do I get the cross drilled / slotted rotors? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know where to get some LED replacement bulbs for stop / rear indicators?

go for the slotted /cross drilled they look nice and perform well.

i have the dba gold series for my corolla and they are excellent.

post-1136-1241943660_thumb.jpg

Also try your local auto electrican for the leds .

i bought mine from my local auto electrican.

you could go the whole bit in leds including the indicators.

I'd definitely upgrade your rotors since it will complement your extra stopping power more than the standard rotors.

I probably wouldn't go for the cross-drilled rotors as you will probably never have a need for it. As well, I hear that cross-drilled rotors eat through your pads quicker and have more of a tendency to crack when really going hard out.

One good thing to do as well is to look into methods of improving brake cooling. That will help as well.

Slotted and Cross Drilled is more for looks then anything else really. And unless you plan to race, I'd just stick with Blanks. Many people here int he US go with Brembo Blanks, as it's a name brand, and good prices.

As for pads, I;m not sure if you have them there. Hawk HPS Street pads, or EBC Green Stuff pads is what the majority of people here use for everyday driving.