how much should i spend on buying a sportivo?

Armstrong

ive decided some time during the year i am going to buy myself a corolla sportivo.

im looking at the 2005 models cos they look slick

but im comparing all the online car sales to redbook.com.au

and everyones selling them over cost

like i cant seem to find any from 15-17 grand.

Is it just me being cheap or are people selling their sportivos trying to get most of their money back by selling them a tad expensive?

This is the way I see it – They stopped making them in 05, so no longer being in production they are becoming a tad rare.

Add to the fact that finally people are starting to click on that they do hold some punch for the price you pay.

Finally using the great P Plater laws, in NSW where you are not aloud to drive FI cars, the sportivo next to the Type R are very quick cars.

My 2c

8/10 some one selling there car will overprice it, its simple sales tactics, if you hold out long enough youll find a bargin sooner or later. it depends whos more despret you or the seller

i wouldnt be paying more than 17k for an 05 with 100k+ kms on it, for that money you could get some thing much nicer.

good luck

okay just a Q to see what people are buying them for

how much did you buy your sportivo and what year model?

it would be good for me and others to get a feel of what price is appropriate to pay. I am looking more at 2005 but still for those with 03 and 04 models still post for those interested. Im more looking at a stock sportivo or close to stock...its cheaper that way lol

Edited by Armstrong

i payed 22k flat for mine it came dead stock with 11k on it that was in december 06....got a great deal....as it stands now i would hope to get around 20k if i sold it...but i aint selling it :)

my 03 has just over 50k on it... its fully loaded and $24K

your asking 24k for it?........ i hope your kidding?..........right?........ please tell me your kidding... theres an 05 in the buy&sell going for 22k with 3000kms with plenty of extras

the model doesn't count for much

your paying for kms more than anything.

whitestivo

spot on

Edited by spillige

In contrast to my mates above, I paid 23 grand for my 03 Stivo a year ago at 53,000KM from a Mitsu dealer.

Currently has 70,000KM.

Felt ripped off. Had buyers remorse not long after and counter for it by spending more on it and never felt happier :P :P :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

having spent many travels in middle eastern countries you need to remember one thing

your always going to pay too much as someone will buy it cheaper. If you were happy to pay that price for it, then that's what its worth

whitestivo

Top call re: paying for kays and condition.

If you are willing to look at something with "average" kays (say 20,000 per years, so for an 05, 80000ks) I think you should nab one for about 18k.

BKS's 03 is what I would call a "time capsule" car - one of those rare ones that are worth well more than the "market" price due to thier immaculate condition and low kays. It's these that are worth coin to collectors in the future. It's always these cars that I am jealous of - just awesome!!

If you go for higher kays, you'll get a cheaper one for sure. But the issue you'll be up against is scarcity - in 05, there were other competitors that slaughtered the Sportivo in the marketplace sales wise (SP23), so there is not as many around as the 03's. And gee, there have been some good value '03 models around lately........

My 03 cost me $15.5k back in 06, stock except 18's and just under 100ks, which I was stoked with at the time, despite the kays I thought it was good buying. 50ks and 3 years later it has not cost me a cent beyond standard servicing.

A bargain is in the eye of the beholder.

Happy shopping!!

my 03 has just over 50k on it... its fully loaded and $24K

your asking 24k for it?........ i hope your kidding?..........right?........ please tell me your kidding... theres an 05 in the buy&sell going for 22k with 3000kms with plenty of extras

Nope not kidding.

others will testify to the lengths i go to keep this car clean, and the way its presented is second to none.

i dont know what the ZZE123 plates are worth to anyone but i bet there are few enthusiasts out there that would buy them for a princely sum.

i've put every single detail about the care and effort i have put into this car on the forum, so there are no secrets, and as you all know, theres nothing worse than buying a car from somone when you dont know how its been treated.

The one thing you can be guaranteed when you buy from an enthusiast is YES, its been driven hard. BUT.. in saying that, the car has been maintained and cared for more regularly with better than oem products than any regular joe would ever do.

So while you may find a great cheap Stivo at a car yard or privately, i could safely say, unless you know the seller well, the history of the car is a complete secret.

Armstrong, it's a buyer's market at the moment mate. My friends can't shift their 2006 SP23 for love or money, they haven't even had pre-pubescent lowball offers.

Find someone who is after a quick sale and chuck in a figure that you're willing to pay (use RedBook as your justification) and see what they come back with. Don't be afraid to negotiate properly for the one you want.