Weird noise from wheels please help

Kenji

Hey all

I'm hearing a woo woo woo noise from the front wheels while they're rolling in a straight line and it's much more noticable at slower speeds. It's amplified under

braking. Is this a standard wheel noise? I thought wheel noise is just a continuous sound.

I was running K104's 225/35r18 on zero2 with no scrubbing etc and had been for 35k. I never used to hear it until last Wednesday when I rotated my rears with

more tread to the front.

I put on my spare stockie along with my brother's stivo spare both with full tread and the noise disappeared.

Thought it was uneven tread wear, or that a wheel alignment was needed. But after a rotation from left to right and a wheel alignment the problem still existed.

Due to 2 of the tyres being basically bald and the problem still persisting after the rotation of k104 and wheel alignment I changed them on the spot to FK-452

yesterday to be ready for the cruise on Sunday for the national meet.

But they have the same noise now.

Weird that it doesn't make the noise on the 16" and only started last week.

It's also amplified under braking.

If anyone has any info that'd be great. Don't think it's CV joint because it's not a knocking noise, or wheel bearings because there is no noise turning the rotor without the wheel on.

Could it be the brakes? Just weird though because there is a noise without braking. And I don't think it's scrubbing because that would be a louder and different sound.

Thanx Kenji

scalloped rear treads...quite common...reason why i upgraded even though my rears still had decent tread on them, i have heard try putting tyres on in wrong direction and do some km's on them that way, it can reduce the scalloped effect...not sure how safe etc so i didnt bother....just bit the bullet and put on new tyres all 4.

easy way to tell run your hand across the tread surface and you will feel it rise and fall....especially on the edge of tyre

mine were noticeable on the rear but not excessively annoying but once i tried them on the front it was rediculous...so put them back on the back and then got rid of them all together

Edited by jaderd

Yeah but It's doing the same noise on the brand spanking new Falken Fk-452 i got put on yesterday even louder though.