need help with rear speakers?

qld surf

Hi i have just bought a surf but the speakers that were in it were stuffed i bought new speakers and noticed the wiring was all wrong the front and back and left and right were all wrong ( top job previous owner!! ) e.g if i have it so just the back speakers should work the back right and front left work and if it have so the front speakers should only be working the back left and front right speakers work i can deal with that. But what is annoying me is the back left speaker when turned up louder bottoms out and crackles while the back right speaker can be cranked right up and works fine??? i thought it may have been the speaker so i swaped them over but still the same i even tried the speakers out of my commodore with the same result what can i do with out taking the dash apart to get to the stereo? And also another dumb question why is there 4 wires where the speakers fit?

• 1 month later...
Hi i have just bought a surf but the speakers that were in it were stuffed i bought new speakers and noticed the wiring was all wrong the front and back and left and right were all wrong ( top job previous owner!! ) e.g if i have it so just the back speakers should work the back right and front left work and if it have so the front speakers should only be working the back left and front right speakers work i can deal with that. But what is annoying me is the back left speaker when turned up louder bottoms out and crackles while the back right speaker can be cranked right up and works fine??? i thought it may have been the speaker so i swaped them over but still the same i even tried the speakers out of my commodore with the same result what can i do with out taking the dash apart to get to the stereo? And also another dumb question why is there 4 wires where the speakers fit?

wow sounds to me you got a great jumbled hook up under the dash and thats where I would start with fixing the mixed up speaker positions.

As for the bottom out it sounds to me like it could be one of two problems - 1 you may have a short in the wire or 2 it may be that the speaker is wired in the wrong polarity, which by the sound of the others being all over the shot is more than likely.

Good luck.