Atkinson's 1st stage win

I know he drives a Subaru but since he's an Aussie, I thought it only proper to give him a mention, and since Toyota no longer supports the WRC as a manufacturer I'll call myself an hounoury Subaru supporter, even though anyone who knows me knows I'm a Citroen man from way back (back when the 2wd Xsaras were winning all the tarmac rallys in Europe prior to their full WRC entry, and of course the Dakar success for many years in the off-road prototype before it was outlawed. Hmmm sounds very much like how I'm a Ferrari supporter but if Mark Webber does well, even better, even though I hate Williams).

Anyway, I've had myself a bottle of red and pepped up on choc-coated coffee beans also so I'm just rambling now... :P :rolleyes:

But to get to my point... Chris Atkinson posted his 1st ever Special Stage win (at WRC level) on stage 3 of the Rally New Zealand today, backing it up with a second on stage 4 and another stage win in stage 8 (the final for the day) to finish the day in 5th overall.

I hope he can finally finish this rally and get some points to get his 1st season in the WRC moving and by the time Rally Australia comes around, he'll be settled in the WRC Impreza and ready for his 1st round win (providing it doesn't happen before then) on a course he at least has some decent Group N experience on.

I know he drives a Subaru but since he's an Aussie, I thought it only proper to give him a mention, and since Toyota no longer supports the WRC as a manufacturer I'll call myself an hounoury Subaru supporter, even though anyone who knows me knows I'm a Citroen man from way back (back when the 2wd Xsaras were winning all the tarmac rallys in Europe prior to their full WRC entry, and of course the Dakar success for many years in the off-road prototype before it was outlawed. Hmmm sounds very much like how I'm a Ferrari supporter but if Mark Webber does well, even better, even though I hate Williams).

Anyway, I've had myself a bottle of red and pepped up on choc-coated coffee beans also so I'm just rambling now... :P :rolleyes:

But to get to my point... Chris Atkinson posted his 1st ever Special Stage win (at WRC level) on stage 3 of the Rally New Zealand today, backing it up with a second on stage 4 and another stage win in stage 8 (the final for the day) to finish the day in 5th overall.

I hope he can finally finish this rally and get some points to get his 1st season in the WRC moving and by the time Rally Australia comes around, he'll be settled in the WRC Impreza and ready for his 1st round win (providing it doesn't happen before then) on a course he at least has some decent Group N experience on.

Here here!