Engine stuttering from coolant bypass mod

Well i got of my lazy **** today and did the throttle body coolant bypass mod, was very easy to do i just looped the longer hose back into the other coolant inlet and the smaller house used to block up the barbs on the throttle body.

But after taking it for a short drive a noticed a bit of a engine stutter when idling which defiantly wasn't present before on my accent.

Not sure if its possible but the car seems to feel like its idling at lower RPM's, I'm hoping that its just the computer recalibrating after the mod and soon will be back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Should i be worried about it ?

also i noticed then when i revved my car i car hear the water gushing around i take it this just because of the air getting in when i was doing the mod and the radiator just needs to be burped.

Well i got of my lazy **** today and did the throttle body coolant bypass mod, was very easy to do i just looped the longer hose back into the other coolant inlet and the smaller house used to block up the barbs on the throttle body.

But after taking it for a short drive a noticed a bit of a engine stutter when idling which defiantly wasn't present before on my accent.

Not sure if its possible but the car seems to feel like its idling at lower RPM's, I'm hoping that its just the computer recalibrating after the mod and soon will be back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Should i be worried about it ? 

also i noticed then when i revved my car i car hear the water gushing around i take it this just because of the air getting in when i was doing the mod and the radiator just needs to be burped.

Thats strange :huh: . I haven't had any problems so far and its been almost a week since I've done it. B)

Well the stutter is not very big at all but is new, wasn't there before I did the mod.

The noise of gushing water is really annoying the crap out of me as i just tried burping the car and didn't really help at all,

On a good note though I took the car for a driver around lunch after i did the mod and notice what felt like a bit more torque in the middle but was happy as its the best value mod ever :D . I just took my car for another drive, and noticed a substantial difference from when i drove it earlier, my guess is this is because of the nice cool night air that would otherwise be getting warmed up by a hot throttle body :D

I think it's your coolant.. Not sure if you got the bottle like the celica. But if you do.. On the right hand side. There's a plug (bleeder plug i think) I coolant should be to the top of that.. And when that's done.. See how much coolant you have in your reservior and fill that up too.

I've tried the mod.. But couldn't do it because the hose that was supposed to be long enough to loop around wasn't long enough.. :angry:

Yeah i took the intake pipe off, but stuck a plastic bag over it held by a rubberband.

The stuttering has settled a little but diffenaltly is still present :blink:

The water noise is actually more annoying.

What does this mod do? Is it easy to perform?

bbc

Yeah its really easy to perform and has noticable gains.

Basicly the coolant lines going into the throttle body are there to heat the air up for when you start the car, its good in colder weather and some old vehicles would have a hard time starting with out them.

Because hot water is flowing through the throttle body the whole throttle body is being heated up and and acting like a heater and heating the air during normal running which we all know is bad.

it will be back to normal

i experience that one time only

Yeah its actually gone now, much to my relief :)

I've been having fun today, just installed a TRD front tower bar and rear sway bar :D

My *** those bolts on the rear sway bar where hard to get off, i was yanking my car sidways. after i installed the new bar had a bit of clunking around corners so i tightened the bar up a bit more and it seems to have stopped.

What does this mod do? Is it easy to perform?

bbc

Yeah its really easy to perform and has noticable gains.

Basicly the coolant lines going into the throttle body are there to heat the air up for when you start the car, its good in colder weather and some old vehicles would have a hard time starting with out them.

Because hot water is flowing through the throttle body the whole throttle body is being heated up and and acting like a heater and heating the air during normal running which we all know is bad.

I tried doing it myself the other day. Took the engine cover off, had a look at he pipes thought, to hell with this!

I got no idea what I should be disconnecting and reconnecting despite danthuyer's attempts to explain it and make me understand.

Can some one post up some pics of the engine and what im supposed to be looking for?

u need a pliers to do this to unclip the clamp that is holding the coolant tight to the throttle body nipples.

behind ur throttle body, there 2 lines, next to each other. Grab ur barb connector size 5/16 ready. Now pull out of the lines, as soon as u did it, tip it upwards so coolant doesnt leak out. Plug in your connector. Now repeat the process of the 2nd coolant line.

Edited by Danz