Doors auto lock

troubled

Hi guys,

Just curious if auto locking door is a programmable option on the Aurions. On my Audi if the car is moving at more than 10km/h all doors automatically lock; would I need to look at after market units in order to have this feature?

dannywss, you completely missed the point here. For him to get the feature that he wants, he DOES NOT need to get an aftermarket system. The ECU has a feature which can be activated to do exactly what he wants it to do. In this case it will lock at 20km/h:

doorlock1py4.jpg

To activate this feature, and/or any other customisation features (the service manuals show what can be done), you need to take it into a Toyota Service Department as they use their Scan Tool for this.

should hv read the manual myself again before asking mech, ended up spending $200 for the module..

dannywss, you completely missed the point here. For him to get the feature that he wants, he DOES NOT need to get an aftermarket system. The ECU has a feature which can be activated to do exactly what he wants it to do. In this case it will lock at 20km/h:

doorlock1py4.jpg

To activate this feature, and/or any other customisation features (the service manuals show what can be done), you need to take it into a Toyota Service Department as they use their Scan Tool for this.

• 4 weeks later...

doorlock1py4.jpg

Hi DJKOR! I connected toyota IT tool into my aurion zr6 yesterday, the only customersation feature came under DOOR LOCK is UNLOCK/KEY TWICE. Can u tell me what scan tool has all those features? Thanks!

Hi DJKOR! I connected toyota IT tool into my aurion zr6 yesterday, the only customersation feature came under DOOR LOCK is UNLOCK/KEY TWICE. Can u tell me what scan tool has all those features? Thanks!

That clip was out of the US Gen 6 Camry service manual. The ECU that is in the Aurion is said to be the same. It is quite possible that the Australian market doesn't have that feature, but I don't see why they wouldn't since the Kluger's I believe have the auto-lock when moving feature. I guess if you have checked it yourself with the proper Toyota Intelligent Tester, then you are the one to confirm it can't be done. It's hard to prove these things when the dealer will charge you for their time if you needed their assistance.

Out of curiosity, do you work for Toyota? And if not, how did you get your hands on their intelligent tester?

Edit: I have heard there are different revisions of the Toyota Intelligent Tester, but since I'm not a tech for Toyota, I don't know what the go is with them.

should hv read the manual myself again before asking mech, ended up spending $200 for the module..

Ouch.. Wasnt ur mech suppose to know beforehand whether the car has the feature or not?

That clip was out of the US Gen 6 Camry service manual. The ECU that is in the Aurion is said to be the same. It is quite possible that the Australian market doesn't have that feature, but I don't see why they wouldn't since the Kluger's I believe have the auto-lock when moving feature. I guess if you have checked it yourself with the proper Toyota Intelligent Tester, then you are the one to confirm it can't be done. It's hard to prove these things when the dealer will charge you for their time if you needed their assistance.

Out of curiosity, do you work for Toyota? And if not, how did you get your hands on their intelligent tester?

Edit: I have heard there are different revisions of the Toyota Intelligent Tester, but since I'm not a tech for Toyota, I don't know what the go is with them.

Actually my mate works for toyota, according to his test the australian market doesn't have those features, and the IT Tool he used to connect to my aurion is running most recent software.

He also told me ZR 6 might not has the same amount of customersation features as the Pesara has. We will have a check on a Pesara later and let u know what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

i hope the zr6 has those options especially the doors lock when gear shift moved out of park. my bro has that option on his commodore, i dont mind that