Clarification and advice wanted :]

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2003 sportivo and i'm new on the toyota scene, first thing i wanted to clarify was that it had a 2ZZ engine?

I've saved up a small amount of money ($4000) and i want to spend it wisely, I was thinking the following;

-Injen CAI - I did a little research, it seems most of the cai designs are similar, are there any cai that IS outstanding over the others?

-CES catback -I'm going with this option only because it seems to be the popular choice, any reasons why i should go another route?

-Headers - Here's where i need your help, which header is the best bang for buck? Also which headers gives out the most gains?

-Chip - Is there some sort of tune or unit that's popular? Details on this would be great!

I'm not looking to do any internal mods, so the rest of the money will be spend on a set of coilovers and braces.

I'm aiming to hit the 125-130kw mark, Is this realistic?

Any help and pricing would be appreciated, look forward to hearing your wise responses!

thanks guys

Edited by 85rolla

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2003 sportivo and i'm new on the toyota scene, first thing i wanted to clarify was that it had a 2ZZ engine?

I've saved up a small amount of money ($4000) and i want to spend it wisely, I was thinking the following;

-Injen CAI - I did a little research, it seems most of the cai designs are similar, are there any cai that IS outstanding over the others?

-CES catback -I'm going with this option only because it seems to be the popular choice, any reasons why i should go another route?

-Headers - Here's where i need your help, which header is the best bang for buck? Also which headers gives out the most gains?

-Chip - Is there some sort of tune or unit that's popular? Details on this would be great!

I'm not looking to do any internal mods, so the rest of the money will be spend on a set of coilovers and braces.

Any help and pricing would be appreciated, look forward to hearing your wise responses!

thanks guys

Yes, if it is a Sportivo it will have a 2zz in it.

CAI - Its a pipe with a filter on the end, TRD, Injen, CES are all good.

Catback - The CES is a quality made unit.

Manifold - Just go ported stock manifold.

ECU - Can't 'chip' it, need to replace it completely or use a piggy back. PowerFC with my harness (link) will allow the car to drive like stock with full control of the engine. Otherwise there is the Vipec ECU with the conversion harness being made by 'CHA54'. And for piggy backs there is the Emanage Ultimate and the PowerChip. Not too many members have replaced/piggy backed their ECU on here, but the full replacement ECUs are the better option if funds allow. Also a tuner that knows how to use it is more important.

125kW is achievable with those mods.

Hey guys,

thanks guys

ECU - Can't 'chip' it, need to replace it completely or use a piggy back. PowerFC with my harness (link) will allow the car to drive like stock with full control of the engine. Otherwise there is the Vipec ECU with the conversion harness being made by 'CHA54'. And for piggy backs there is the Emanage Ultimate and the PowerChip. Not too many members have replaced/piggy backed their ECU on here, but the full replacement ECUs are the better option if funds allow. Also a tuner that knows how to use it is more important.

I thought Sportivo's came as 141kw?

Hey guys,

thanks guys

I thought Sportivo's came as 141kw?

That's lift, 100kw normally.

141kw at the flywheel.

At the wheels, its a fair bit less. Some cars only crack 100-110kw at the wheels.

As SuperDave said, just a few small mods and the car can get close to 125kw at the wheels, but some cars are different and wont respond to the mods as well. My road car pulled 120.4kw at the wheels with just an intake and exhaust.

Spend more money on real mods, and the results start to come, and they are fantastic :spiteful:

141kw at the flywheel.

At the wheels, its a fair bit less. Some cars only crack 100-110kw at the wheels.

As SuperDave said, just a few small mods and the car can get close to 125kw at the wheels, but some cars are different and wont respond to the mods as well. My road car pulled 120.4kw at the wheels with just an intake and exhaust.

Spend more money on real mods, and the results start to come, and they are fantastic :spiteful:

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up.