Cai pricing.

Hey guys,

As some of you may know from my last thread, i've recently bought the car and have decided to go for a cai first.

Anyway i've been looking around for a solid 2 days and have gotten a quote from JDMYard for a Injen cai for $550. Is this a reasonable price?

I've been looking on ebay for both the trd and injen and they are cheaper ($300) but do not include shipping, does anyone here have any experience with the cost of shipping from the US? I did send a seller an email but he hasn't gotten back to me so i thought i'll try asking here.

Also, Yonas at jdmyard told me that the corolla s intake will fit?

thanks guys!

(any direct links or anything is appreciated! I am worried about purchasing the wrong product over ebay.)

Edited by 85rolla

Corolla s will fit. It is the same engine.

CES CAI's have the largest diameter and seem to perform better all round.

Anywhere from $280 to $500 are the expected prices for CAI's.

Up to you really.

Edited by TRDYUS

Hey,

I've actually contacted Castle Hill, they aren't able to order from their supplier anymore, he told me they used to order them from japan, but they've stopped producing the product and is not willing to order from the US.

Well if CES is making the best product then i'll definitely be ordering from them, can anyone else vouch for them over injen/trd?

I got a quote from ces for exhaust and cai fitted and custom made for a corolla sedan under $1500. this was a few months back and they would be my choice over everything else. Give them ring and go for it.

Hey,

I've actually contacted Castle Hill, they aren't able to order from their supplier anymore, he told me they used to order them from japan, but they've stopped producing the product and is not willing to order from the US.

Well if CES is making the best product then i'll definitely be ordering from them, can anyone else vouch for them over injen/trd?

A fair bunch of us have used the CES on here.

Plus there specifically designed for our 2zz/1zz's.

Remember them being about $400~ depending on what you order.