Insurance question

RoM2nV

Hey TOCAU, looks like I have had a mishap and have caused a car accident, in a parking lot. I am fully insured comprehensive etc, while the driver/car that I hit is not. Just to cut things short, will my insurance company pay for all the damages (ie is all that I have to pay is an excess fee??), and would any problems regarding the damages arise due to the other driver not having insurance?

Thanks.

Hey TOCAU, looks like I have had a mishap and have caused a car accident, in a parking lot. I am fully insured comprehensive etc, while the driver/car that I hit is not. Just to cut things short, will my insurance company pay for all the damages (ie is all that I have to pay is an excess fee??), and would any problems regarding the damages arise due to the other driver not having insurance?

Thanks.

If your at fault your company should pay for your car and the 3rd parties. you would just need to pay your xs - ( basic plus any other xs like age etc)

If your not at fault - same deal but ur company wont pay for damages for them. Usually - depending on who your with if your not at fault then u dont pay xs.

Your company will sort the other person out and chase up the money with them if its not your fault.

Hope your ok though.

you can still claim for the damages, and it will be covered under your policy. however, whether you will have to pay an excess or not depends on what happened, and if it falls under the barometer of responsibility.

you will have to pay an excess if you were at fault for the accident, OR you were not at fault for the accident but werent able to supply the full third party details so that your insurer may recover damages. contrarily, you wont have to pay an excess if you werent at fault for the accident and can supply full third party details

regarding the other party not being insured, it wont create any complications at all regardless of liability if you were claiming through your insurer. if you were at fault, and the other party wishes to claim for their damages through your insurer, thenyour insurer will organise assessment of their vehicle and elect to either cash settle their cost of repairs, or actually repair their vehicle themselves.

however, if for some reason you chose not to claim through your insurer due to being uneconomical (maybe you were at fault, have a high excess and dont want to modify your no claims bonus on renewal), and want to settle the damages with the third party directly, then you may have yourself a problem if the other party doesnt cooperate