would you buy an ex-rental?

Zandri

It took a few weekends to find a great used Aurion, patients is worth it! One will turn up to your liking!

Wow sthilzy, you really check the car thoroughly.. :toast: FTW ... Great that you are happy with your purchase, it makes all the effort worth it.. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, I've finally done it.. I'm now a proud owner of a 2008 Silver Ash, 2008, SX6!

Not my preffered colour of choice, but the Mrs was really getting on my back about replacing my crashed car so she could have hers back, and I was starting to tire myself out in the search for the perfect car :)

Thanks sthilzy for your detailed post on spotting potential crash damage and other aspects to inspect. I used a lot of those techniques you descried to go over the car with a fine-toothed comb and very grateful for your advice.

The car has a couple of minor cosmetic issues and I got the price reduced to compensate (pretty much got the going rate for 2007 models with similar km's here in SA);

- rear bumper has a few scratches as someone has been a little careless getting stuff into & out of the boot

- small scrape on the left-hand front corner of the front bumper at the very bottom (going up or down a steep driveway by the looks of it and scraped slightly)

But it drives real nice, I love it! I'm real happy with the purchase.

No dash noise at all, metal VVTi oil-pipe in place instead of the problematic part rubber one, serviced at minimum service intervals (every 7,500km).

Car was a Company executive (ex-novated lease) for a country outlet, so all the km's have been country driving around Strathalbyn, Goolwa, etc. in SA. so has had an fairly easy life.

It needs a good wax & polish, so I'm off to read the detailing sub-forum! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another thing to watch out for if purchasing a ex-rental - make sure when the registration is transferred to your name, assuming you're not going to rent out the car, that the correct TAC charge code is used for private/personal use. Otherwise you'll be hit with a higher TAC charge for having a rental/hire code.

In Victoria - not sure about other states.

Still happy with the purchase! :yahoo:

Love the Aurion!

Fitted a TP09X1 GPS system with reversing camera.

Need to tint the windows - could someone point me in the right direction for a great job on tinted windows and what tint suitable - another thread?