HELP! searching for cheap digital cameras

JJCRU23R

Gday all,

Im currently on the lookout for a store or website that sells used/reconditioned digital cameras for work.

They are needed as classroom equipment for my photography class. The cameras that we currently have are 7megapixel things that have since broken or been damaged.

In my opinion, basic class photo taking doesnt require 7 megapixels.. 4 would be PLENTY..

back in 2003-4, 4 megapixel cameras were pretty damn expensive, but of course now the norm is around 10megapixels or more?

My needs are much simpler, the pictures we print arent going to be huge.. If i could find a place that still sells 2 or 3 megapixel cameras id be happy!

if you guys know where I can source some ASAP, Id be very grateful!

Jase.

yea i know dude, thanks but that would be the place to go if i was after just one... im looking for maybe 5 or more cameras that are exactly the same model... it would be good if i could just buy 5 different types of cameras but for a classroom setting, its kinda best that everyone has the same standard equipment. otherwise kids would be like "oh i want the good camera".

my budget is roughly $500 at the most. sharing cameras amongst 25 + kids.. if i can get like 7-8 cameras id be happy.

edit

there are several good students who do bring their cameras from home, but they are easily only 3 kids that bother to bring them out of the whole class.

so far ive searched tandy, dse, oo, jaycar and so far.. oo.com.au seems to sell refurbished digital cameras so ima keep a close eye on them... if anyone else knows any sites or stores worth checking out in the sydney area, please help a fellow member out!

thanks !

Edited by mannyMANNYmanny

deals direct are selling refurbished 8.2MP cameras for $99.. if you add packaging its 513.95 for 5....

still hanging out to see if i can buy maybe 6 or more for under $500.

try jb hi fi.

I had to buy a new computer recently and since i bought other things as well. got a good deal

So buying several cameras they might do the deal.

I have bought several thing for school and cadets and most stores are pretty helpful when you explain what they are needed for,