celica 88 SX project

jazza

hey i just got myself a 88 sx cellica..... can someone give me some tips so i can make her go harder... wat can i do to her?????????? cheers

post-14723-1248958582_thumb.jpg

Edited by jazza

• 7 months later...
hey i just got myself a 88 sx cellica..... can someone give me some tips so i can make her go harder... wat can i do to her?????????? cheers

nice car mate should of bought a turbo one if u ever sell yours and want a turbo one same model 89 model has the 3sgte motor in it so turbo this car will have u hanging on for dear life great fun but if not your car could some extractors and exhaust make sound heaps better go a little harder to

• 2 months later...

how much harder do you want it to go? what motor is in it now..

if its a 3S-FE you could put a 3S-GE in it for a bit more power.... or if you have a 3S-GE and want alot more power you could do a 3S-GTE swap...

that said a motor swap is a big project to undertake... if you dont want to spend that kinda cash then you could start with the usual I-H-E combo (intake, headers, exhaust)

• 10 months later...

You can always start with the little things, maybe put a pod filter on it, change the plugs and leads so they're new and you'll get better timing of ur air/fuel ratio. You know, overall basics of the car, later on if you want you can get an aftermarket ecu and an exhaust, depending on what you want, get a hi-flow cat etc.