JPS137's Tarago

jps137

2009 V6 GLi Tarago

Merlot Red

Cream Leather interior

Toyota Australia

early 36 series Camry Sportivo 16 inch Alloys priced up tyres to go to 17s and the price increase was huge

Toyota Japan (JDM)

Timber interior like the GLX and Ultima including gear lever and steering wheel

No smoking box

Cargo net

TRD Japan

Air Filter

Oil Cap

Petrol Cap

Again pictures will follow soon

Edited by jps137

Timbers

post-3374-1249487182_thumb.jpg

We had the leather/timber steering wheel installed as we wanted a leather wheel

post-3374-1249487314_thumb.jpg

Timber dash and gear lever we got the TPMS installed when we had the alloys fitted use it as a warning device rather than high performance monitoring of tyre pressures and temperatures, though when you do look at the changes in temp and pressure with regular driving it is disturbing

post-3374-1249488090_thumb.jpg

Timber for rear sliding doors, it is disturbing that this JDM item is not included on even the Ulitima which has timber everywhere else, I thought it looked a bit cheap with the Ultima and V6 GLX just having grey plastic on the sliding doors.

The front doors of course have the timber I just forgot to take a photo of them

Edited by jps137

Alloy Wheels

post-3374-1249488313_thumb.jpg

We chose the 16 inch alloys from the early (2002) 36 series Camry Sportivo. I got quotes on the price of tyres for 16 inch (GLi comes with 16 inch steel wheels) and 17 inch and the price increase for 17inch was far to great (approx. $80 per tyre for same spec tyres)

• 3 weeks later...

Sat Nav

We recently had the Toyota in dash Sat Nav fitted with genuine Toytoa reversing camera

post-3374-1251120533_thumb.jpg

we went with the in dash unit as we were after a multi disc player (we haven't worked out MP3 players yet), and a reversing camera and by the time we added it all up the difference in price between getting the full in dash unit and getting the 6stacker plus the reversing camera which uses the rear view mirror plus a decent GPS it was not that much extra plus gave the benefit of a larger screen for the reversing camera.

After a few drives it is a real shame Toyota don't actually spend a little bit of time marketing this unit as it is quite good

i-pod connection point

post-3374-1251120168_thumb.jpg

Edited by jps137

looks great .

any pics of the outside?

Did the interior upgrade cost much?

From memory Leather was $2300 and the timbers were $1800 including steering wheel. The timbers are all genuine Toyota parts rather than an aftermarket (which may have been cheaper, but I didnt want the hassle) A trap for young players though is to get the Steering wheel ordered in as a JDM item $830 rather than an Aust spare $1500.

Pics of the outside are coming, as it's the MerlotRed it doesn't stay clean very long and shows the dust

• 2 years later...