Central Locking-HELP

addy287

hey guys

as u may or may not know i got a gen 4 camry. as the topic states last night my central locking died. i orignaly thought it was the remote so i got one of my spares and tried to re-program it but it still didn't work. because it was late a night i gave up and went to lock the door by turning the lock with the key, expecting all doors to lock....they didn't, opened the door sat inside and pushed the button next to the auto mirror adjustor didn't work.

now i need to lock every door manualy from the inside which is very annoying since im a delivery driver.

anyone who can help me, please lol im stuck out of ideas and dont have the money atm to send it to auto-electrian

This may seem really stupid, but have you tried checking any fuses? There should be a 25A fuse labelled 'DOOR' which could possibly be blown. If that one is okay, or you replace it and it doesn't fix the problem, checking the 30A one labelled 'PWR' or 'POWER' won't hurt. That one usually is only responsible for the power windows though, but you never know.

This may seem really stupid, but have you tried checking any fuses? There should be a 25A fuse labelled 'DOOR' which could possibly be blown. If that one is okay, or you replace it and it doesn't fix the problem, checking the 30A one labelled 'PWR' or 'POWER' won't hurt. That one usually is only responsible for the power windows though, but you never know.

thanks for the help, i'll try it when i get home. if it is one of the fuses, is there a logical explanation as to y it would blow? i haven't done anything out of the ordinary however, now that i think of it the interior light was playing up a couple of nights ago and its blown aswell...the night the central locking stopped. not at the same time though.

btw the fuses that ur talking about...in the engine bay or driver footwell?

Fuses can sometimes blow unexpectedly for many different reasons. Maybe a door lock got jammed temporarily and for some reason during a lock process, it overloaded enough to blow the fuse. Either way, if you change the fuse and it doesn't blow again, it was just a one off thing that you shouldn't really have to worry about. If it blows again quickly, then maybe the wiring and/or the actuator needs to be looked at.

The fuse in question will be on the inner fuse panel of your car. Either behind the glove box or the passenger/driver side kick panel.

Yep I'd have to agree with the "Door" fuse too... not something that I've seen happen before though. I've blown fuses when replacing tail lights and the likes, there's a few to choose from... it should be in the driver side kick panel there. Been a while since I had to look in there though.

If not, ask Dave (SupaTouring), he's pretty cluey with this stuff as well.

Yep I'd have to agree with the "Door" fuse too... not something that I've seen happen before though. I've blown fuses when replacing tail lights and the likes, there's a few to choose from... it should be in the driver side kick panel there. Been a while since I had to look in there though.

If not, ask Dave (SupaTouring), he's pretty cluey with this stuff as well.

hey guys, thanks for the input. that night i got home and checked the door fuse...was fine, checked the power fuse was fine. i eventually got very frustrated with it and checked every fuse possible. it was the 'DOME' fuse in the engine bay. i thought that the interior light blowing a couple of hours before the central locking went was a complete coinsidence, turns out we were wrong.

fixed now, will turn my attention to the interior light, see why it caused the fuse to blow, will give u an update if u like

Well, if the light blows, it might have had over current been passed down the line to blow the fuse... why it affected your central locking? Wouldn't have a clue. Maybe it relies on the dome fuse for the light to come on when the car's unlocked? who knows... you'd only be able to get this information from someone who's had the same issue and I doubt Toyota mechanics would know the answer to that straight away mate.

Well, if the light blows, it might have had over current been passed down the line to blow the fuse... why it affected your central locking? Wouldn't have a clue. Maybe it relies on the dome fuse for the light to come on when the car's unlocked? who knows... you'd only be able to get this information from someone who's had the same issue and I doubt Toyota mechanics would know the answer to that straight away mate.

wot ur saying makes sense, but the light didn't blow lol.....got me stumped it just turned off and didn't come back

i thought that the interior light blowing a couple of hours before the central locking went was a complete coinsidence, turns out we were wrong.

But but... the light blew? Either way, if the fuse is gone, for whatever reason, then obviously the light ain't gonna work :P lol... how'd the dome light stop working then?

I reckon there's a relationship with the interior dome light and the central locking...