trd filters

addy287

When it comes to 'jazzing up' your engine bay, the only thing you will spot is the ignition leads... and the oil filter if you are really looking. Apart from that, because these are mainly imported items, are you that willing to spend a premium on them?

When it comes to 'jazzing up' your engine bay, the only thing you will spot is the ignition leads... and the oil filter if you are really looking. Apart from that, because these are mainly imported items, are you that willing to spend a premium on them?

how much of a premium r we talking... $20 i can live with lol

and with the leads...can u paint them? or will it not stick or sumthing?

20 bucks? Hehe... dreamin. Double that, plus shipping and you're probably on the right track. a TRD oil filter ain't gonna do much difference compared to a normal genuine filter anyway... prob only worth using the TRD stuff if you got high pressure oil system or use the car on the dragstrip.

if youre looking for a "performance" oil filter, get a k&n. theyre about $20-$25 depending on the store you buy it from, they have a good internal design, and theyre readily available. compared to these, the trd filter is a waste of money.

keep in mind though, youre not going to get any power gains from any sort of oil filter

for some light reading:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42763

Edited by lateralus

BWA HAHAHAH!!!! The TRD Oil Filter HERE in the US is like $20USD.

If you really want to "dress" up your engine bay.

1: TRD Radiator Cap

2: TRD Oil Cap

3: SRI or CAI

4: Paint Valve Cover

BWA HAHAHAH!!!! The TRD Oil Filter HERE in the US is like $20USD.

If you really want to "dress" up your engine bay.

1: TRD Radiator Cap

2: TRD Oil Cap

3: SRI or CAI

4: Paint Valve Cover

Ahhh shut up ya Yankee prick

LOL!

I wish we could get parts that cheap here... all those parts are normally imported from the States anyway.

Valve Cover = Rocker Cover for all that didn't understand this poor American's accent LOLOLOLOL!!

Mind you, I wouldn't mind doing the same thing to mine too :whistling:

^ You need to know how to work on cars 1st! :whistling:

Hahaha! Right... just coz I don't have my head buried in someone's engine bay each day doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. I at least know how to do the basics... replacing oil & filter, flushing radiator, replacing spark plugs and dizzy... cleaning IAC... etc etc. I don't know much about cars at all really... lol

This is why I'm employed to fix PABX systems and manage IT networks and PCs :) I pay someone to service the car for ~100 bucks... someone pays me much more to sort out systems :P

Edited by Whip Cracker