Headunit advice

-DAvo

Hey all,

So im looking at upgrading my headunit (currently have a clarion max386vd double din in dash dvd player). now ive found that im not using the dvd function all that much and neither is my partner while im driving. So, seeing that I'm looking at more of a SQ set up, a couple of headunits have caught my attention.

namely the Pioneer DEH-P80RS reference series headunit. or the Alpine CDA-9887. (if anyone here has had any experience with either of these units, post your thoughts here too! ) both these headunits are single din... i was wondering what people here thouight about running a single din in the aurions? does it look cheap and nasty having a pocket in there? i have considered the eclipse avn and the alpine w502 and they are still on my list but just wanted to hear what people here think.

If you have a picture of your single din set up, please post them up here :)

many thanks!

Dave

Hi, I'm newbie maybe i can contribute something here. If you are looking for good quality sound Pionner or Alpine are good head set, better put double din with LCD so you can utilized reverse camera as well you can watch movie or using as GPS.

Currently I'm using Alpine W202E as for adapter you can check from ebay much cheaper compare buying from audio shop, as for speaker 2 ways or 3 ways set up you have to decide, you can decide using proccesor or just normal set up.

Double Din is more nicer then single din but again is up to your budget.

Hey all,

So im looking at upgrading my headunit (currently have a clarion max386vd double din in dash dvd player). now ive found that im not using the dvd function all that much and neither is my partner while im driving. So, seeing that I'm looking at more of a SQ set up, a couple of headunits have caught my attention.

namely the Pioneer DEH-P80RS reference series headunit. or the Alpine CDA-9887. (if anyone here has had any experience with either of these units, post your thoughts here too! ) both these headunits are single din... i was wondering what people here thouight about running a single din in the aurions? does it look cheap and nasty having a pocket in there? i have considered the eclipse avn and the alpine w502 and they are still on my list but just wanted to hear what people here think.

many thanks!

Dave

hi Dave..

Somewhere in the forum i posted up a photo of my single din set up

cant find it right now cause im using my phone.. So try doing a search & hope thats what your after

cheers

Victor

• 3 months later...
Hey all,

many thanks!

Dave

ive got the 9887 =D