Tyre inquiry - toyota camry 1989

EK1

Hi,

just wondering which tyre brand and models best suit the 1989 model of the toyota camry.

and what are the rates (4 tyres) bought installed and uninstalled(tyres seperately) and how much does wheel alignment cost and is it necessary.

i reside in NSW.

thanks

Depending on your driving conditions, there are MANY different tires you can get. This also means that there is a vairiety of tires to suit any budget you have as well.

The price of the tire will depend on what size you require (I'm unsure of that as you may have different wheels to stock, but your tire placard on the drivers door or your tire itself can show you your needed tire size), and you can also shop around as many tire shops always have different specials running.

I would be estimating around $89-$120 per tire for a decent all-rounder tire if you were to require stock sizing for your Camry.

As for a wheel alignment, you would be looking at around $55 for you standard 2-wheel alignment to $100 for a 4-wheel alignment from most tire shops. Locals would be able to give you some help here since for example, around Brisbane I can find places that do a 4-wheel alignment for around $50.

• 1 month later...
Depending on your driving conditions, there are MANY different tires you can get. This also means that there is a vairiety of tires to suit any budget you have as well.

The price of the tire will depend on what size you require (I'm unsure of that as you may have different wheels to stock, but your tire placard on the drivers door or your tire itself can show you your needed tire size), and you can also shop around as many tire shops always have different specials running.

I would be estimating around $89-$120 per tire for a decent all-rounder tire if you were to require stock sizing for your Camry.

As for a wheel alignment, you would be looking at around $55 for you standard 2-wheel alignment to $100 for a 4-wheel alignment from most tire shops. Locals would be able to give you some help here since for example, around Brisbane I can find places that do a 4-wheel alignment for around $50.

i have stock tyres. i couldn't find the plate on the driver's door to identify the tyres. how would i identify them from the tyre itself? and how would i go about asking for tyres without getting ripped off. i think about a year ago i asked for a quote for 4 tyres and was given the quote of $160 per tyre (dunlop) and the explanation that 15inch and 16inch wheels were more expensive because it is more rare? does this sound right or was that just an excuse for the tyre person to rip me of even more

i have stock tyres. i couldn't find the plate on the driver's door to identify the tyres. how would i identify them from the tyre itself? and how would i go about asking for tyres without getting ripped off. i think about a year ago i asked for a quote for 4 tyres and was given the quote of $160 per tyre (dunlop) and the explanation that 15inch and 16inch wheels were more expensive because it is more rare? does this sound right or was that just an excuse for the tyre person to rip me of even more

To determine the tire size from your tires themselves, follow this guide:

tire-size-guide.gif

You will only really need to look at the width, aspect ratio, and diameter since given the car you have, most tires of the same size as yours would meet or exceed the load/speed ratings.

The explanation of the 15/16 inch tires being more expensive due to rarity can be true depending on the size themselves. There are tire sizes that aren't as common as others and as a result, can cost more than usual. As well, usually as the profile of the tire gets smaller, the price of the tire goes up.

Hi,

just wondering which tyre brand and models best suit the 1989 model of the toyota camry.

and what are the rates (4 tyres) bought installed and uninstalled(tyres seperately) and how much does wheel alignment cost and is it necessary.

i reside in NSW.

thanks

HI just fitted 2 Dunlop sport 300E 205 65 15 tyres on the front of my 1998 Vienta. Wanted quiet tyres which I researched heavily, Mitchelin apparently too soft for front wheel drive?, Pirellie 6000 should be OK? Goodyear excellence? etc:etc: So far very happy, heeps quieter and at current sale price of $106 each with free rotation and balancing for the life of the Tyre from KMart sorry i didn't need 4. New Dunlop FastResponse, admittedly dearer should be great but couldn't get feedback as Tyre is too new.

Edited by peregrine