[SYD] Driver Training at Eastern Creek Raceway

Hey all,

Just putting an idea out there for next year (hopefully FEB). I have always been interested in going along to a driver training day, just never had the good car or monies to go.

I was looking over the interwebz and found this: http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/driver_training.htm

For those who dont have a left mouse button, he is the run down from the site:

The course is suitable for L-plate and P-plate drivers along with fully licenced motorists wishing to acquire additional defensive driving skills using their own vehicle.

Eastern Creek Driver Training is conducted by qualified instructors with one instructor per four students.

Theory sessions are held in a comfortable air-conditioned lecture room. Driving activity is at suburban road speeds in a controlled environment on Sydney’s largest skid pan.

Courses commence with sign on at 8.45 am and conclude at 4.00 pm.

IN THE CLASS ROOM…

Road Rules / Manners / Attitude, Dangers of tailgating, Vehicle Care, Alcohol / Drugs / Fatigue, In Car Safety, Driving Position, Accident Costs to the Community, Awareness / Anticipation / Actions.

ON THE SKID PAN…

Speed and stopping distances, Looking Ahead, Emergency Braking, Brake and Swerve, Understanding ABS Brakes, Mirrors and Vision, Lane Changing, Cornering, Skid Control.

INVESTING IN SAFETY - Stage 1 $255.00 Inc. GST

Participants must have a learner’s permit or driving licence and use their own vehicle. Two drivers may share one car. Fee includes morning / afternoon tea and light lunch. Gift Vouchers are available.

CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION issued to successful students.

I was looking at getting a group of TOCAU member together and making a group booking.

So the real question is, is any one interested????

I'll make a few calls in the upcoming days about group bookings and how many they require for a group so it just us.

Nothing is concrete yet, but stay tuned :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm semi-interesting in this.

The only foreseeable problem being that it may not be all that fun in the Aurion as any time you even try to do anything remotely dangerous (besides speeding) it just takes over for you. LOL.

SKID CONTROL!!!!!! mmm sounds like they are trying to say DRIFTING CONTROL bahahah sounds good =D

sori no HOMODORES ALLOWED!!! lol.. jokes junior.

is this because i have a rear wheel drive car wycliff lol

Skid pan ay....I am pretty keen depending on date..as I would love the get the Cappa sideways especially with the LSD installed.

So put me down as yes!!

EDIT: Actually after reviewing my budget and what I have coming up plus what I need to do to both the Corolla & Cappuccino I will give this a miss...count me as out unfortunately! :(

Edited by Cappuccino

Count me in looks interesting, sounds similar to the one I did with AAMI over near the UWS Nirimba college would be good to get a refresher course since im on the road now for work and can claim this back though tax.