ST184R 3SGTE Project

Revouse

1990 st184R

Gen II 3sgte

MR2 transmission.

Had this project about 5 months now, will have it running shortly, once running my main focus will be cosmetics and handling.

celica2-2.jpg

celica1-1.jpg

IMG_0640-1.jpg

motor1-1.jpg

When i received it, she had a bit of a smoking problem....

smashed.jpg

Exhaust wheel & sheared shaft. that'll do it.

Also discovered the radiator was cracked aswell, so i bought a golpher radiator, wishing now i had of spent a couple hundred extra and gone with Koyo, golpher build quality is ****.

DSCN1915-1.jpg

Since i had to take the turbo out i figured i might aswell do some extras along the way, i got a hold of a working ct26, then bought a new dump pipe for it, tuned length manifold, polyurethane engine mounts, new slimline thermo fan, fmic, etc

DSCN2004.jpg

some chrome work

DSCN2006.jpg

After a month of waiting for KO Racing to get back to me i finally cracked the ****s, I sent an email off to ATS racing and the TB bellmouth i was after has been mailed out today, so that's one step closer to getting her running.

Next up, I need to measure, cut, crimp and heat shrink my cables for the remote battery install.

I also need to find somewhere that sells pipe / tube cutter that will do up to about 60mm - if anyone knows of a good brand and where to get one shoot us a pm.

• 3 weeks later...