91 - 99 TCR10 TARAGO FRONT STRUTS / SHOCKS

s78

Hi there all,

Iv'e just bought a 99 model tarago and need to replace the front struts for a rwc.

Iv'e been told that the whole dash needs to be pulled out to do this? does anyone know if this is true and/or had any experiance in doing so?

If anyone has replaced there front struts in one of these model Taragos could you please give me any advice, info or tips about doing so.

I have also heard that the left hand one can be done by removing the glove box??? If this is so was maybe thinking the right side may be able to be done by removing the instrument cluster??? Any info or advice is muchly appreciated. Regards Shawn

• 1 month later...

Actually it isn't a hard job, well the lefthand one anyway on non-passenger airbag models. I have heard those with a passenger airbag are harder! I changed mine over in about 1 hour and only had to remove a panel out of the corner of the glovebox to access the upper mounting nuts of the strut. Let me know if you need any further advise.

Ta

Peter

Hi there all,

Iv'e just bought a 99 model tarago and need to replace the front struts for a rwc.

Iv'e been told that the whole dash needs to be pulled out to do this? does anyone know if this is true and/or had any experiance in doing so?

If anyone has replaced there front struts in one of these model Taragos could you please give me any advice, info or tips about doing so.

I have also heard that the left hand one can be done by removing the glove box??? If this is so was maybe thinking the right side may be able to be done by removing the instrument cluster??? Any info or advice is muchly appreciated. Regards Shawn

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter,Shawn,

I have a 96 Tarago and my front driver's side shock is rattling as the mounting nut is loose. I can feel the nut throught the recess in the top of the arch just under the dash, but I can't get a socket over it. Is there a special socket required, ie a slim one? if not, what size is it and any tips on getting to the mounting nut?

Thanks,

Paul

Actually it isn't a hard job, well the lefthand one anyway on non-passenger airbag models. I have heard those with a passenger airbag are harder! I changed mine over in about 1 hour and only had to remove a panel out of the corner of the glovebox to access the upper mounting nuts of the strut. Let me know if you need any further advise.

Ta

Peter

Hi there all,

there is no special socket you you just need a 19mm on a long swival rachet, but by the sounds of it you shock my be stuffed or the bump stop in the shock is worn out cause that noise.