Boot wont open :(

pezzie

Hey, i've got a corolla ZRE and am attempting to install my amp and sub at the moment, all the wiring went fine but now i need to get to the sub and amp which is in the boot. But i cant open it up, i know its one of those hydraulic ones where it needs battery power to open. What i did was reconnect the battery and turned the car on, cars running fine and all but i cant open the boot. I had it on for around 30 seconds then turned it off and now im here.

edit: I've had the battery back in for around 10 minutes now, all bolts are back on tightly and i ran the car for two minutes to tried to open the boot again. In the past i have seen ZRE's which have a low battery and nothing will open (the hood and boot) but when we turned the car on for a test drive they opened. I assumed that turning it back on will be fine, but in my case not. May i have pulled something out? because i dont think i have.

Edited by pezzie

Hey, i've got a corolla ZRE and am attempting to install my amp and sub at the moment, all the wiring went fine but now i need to get to the sub and amp which is in the boot. But i cant open it up, i know its one of those hydraulic ones where it needs battery power to open. What i did was reconnect the battery and turned the car on, cars running fine and all but i cant open the boot. I had it on for around 30 seconds then turned it off and now im here.

edit: I've had the battery back in for around 10 minutes now, all bolts are back on tightly and i ran the car for two minutes to tried to open the boot again. In the past i have seen ZRE's which have a low battery and nothing will open (the hood and boot) but when we turned the car on for a test drive they opened. I assumed that turning it back on will be fine, but in my case not. May i have pulled something out? because i dont think i have.

try using the unlocking doors button on the drivers window panel i had the same problem, i locked all the doors and unlocked it all and it seem to work fine again

try using the unlocking doors button on the drivers window panel i had the same problem, i locked all the doors and unlocked it all and it seem to work fine again

yeah this is the correct way, happened to me when i was doing my intake :)

Thankyou all ZRE owners :D sub and amp installed with a line out converter, so i've got the stock headunit. Thankyou to all who have helped me in the past few days. This was a DIY job and i reccommend you do it yourself if you plan to, much more satisfying then forking out extra money, and its kinda fun until you get stuck.

and my boot is also now opening :D