Tyres for '96 Camry

prometheus

I've had Dunlop Daytona tyres on my 1996 Camry CSi (4 cyl) and they have lasted for 70 000 klms and reckon that the tyres might have up to 5000 klms left in them.

The Daytonas are 195/70 R14 but are no longer made.

The standard size for this model Camry is recommended as 185/75 R14 but there are few tyres made at this size nowdays.

The guy I spoke to at Beaurepaires said that 185/75 is pretty much a 'dead" size as far as tyres go as not many companies are making them.

Anyway , I'm happy to go with the 195/70 R14 size.

When the time comes for purchasing new tyres , I'm thinking of going with the Dunlop LE MANS LM701 which has a Silica based tread compound and at around $129 per tyre fitted and balanced seems like good value.

Can anyone suggest any other tyres in the 195/70 R14 size or a tyre seller that they can recommend in the inner west of Melbourne ?

cheers

I recently bought a set of Dunlop LM702's for my GEN 3 Camry in a 205-65-15 for $99 each fitted from a Dunlop Service Dealer.

They are a reasonable tyre, very quiet but squeal quite easily on dry roads and slide a bit on wet roads when pushing but have very good feedback when the tyre is about to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , I went to the Beaurepaires near work as they have an Easter sale on and got Dunlop LE MANS LM701 in a 195/70 R14 size.

Quite happy with them so far.

They seem a fair bit quieter and more comfortable than the previous Dunlop Daytonas (no longer made).