Injector Stuff up

addy287

So i was very bored today and decided that because im going through a cleaning phase on my car, that i would clean the upper and lower intake manifold. Those of you who know the 1MZ know that the fuel rails are connected to the lower section (this stopped me cleaning before) but not this time. In the process of taking them out, i have broken on of the O-ring seals so i subsequently have to buy a new one, my dad suggested that i buy all 6 while i have the engine in peices anyway. <_<

I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help:

- If i just go to an auto store like; supercheap, auto1 will they have the kit? and how much roughly?

- is it worth me going to a wrecker and just buying second hand injectors of an engine with less kilometers?

- Do i have the option of putting bigger injectors ie: 2jz, 3mz? will it give me any power gains?

Thanks heaps in advance, oh an for those who are interested i will soon make a post in the 'Member Ride' section with my build so far and pictures of what i get up to when im bored :P

1. You should be able to get the seals from toyota (or maybe repco, supercheap, etc)

2. IMO replace all of them while they are out

3. I wouldn't bother buying new injectors, if anything get your old ones cleaned.

4. Don't get bigger injectors unless you

a ) have some way of getting more air in (turbo, sc, etc)

b ) have an ECU that can account for them (standalone, piggyback, etc)

toyotas generally run a touch rich from factory, bigger injectors are only going to make it richer still.

So i was very bored today and decided that because im going through a cleaning phase on my car, that i would clean the upper and lower intake manifold. Those of you who know the 1MZ know that the fuel rails are connected to the lower section (this stopped me cleaning before) but not this time. In the process of taking them out, i have broken on of the O-ring seals so i subsequently have to buy a new one, my dad suggested that i buy all 6 while i have the engine in peices anyway. <_<

I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help:

- If i just go to an auto store like; supercheap, auto1 will they have the kit? and how much roughly?

- is it worth me going to a wrecker and just buying second hand injectors of an engine with less kilometers?

- Do i have the option of putting bigger injectors ie: 2jz, 3mz? will it give me any power gains?

Thanks heaps in advance, oh an for those who are interested i will soon make a post in the 'Member Ride' section with my build so far and pictures of what i get up to when im bored :P

Its wise to use new O rings whenever removing and replacing injectors.

Firstly O-rings from Toyota is $5 each. I was asking about them before my supra injectors install. Are you taking the actual lower intake manifold off? You'll need to get new gaskets for them if you do and they are $45 each and you need 2. While you are down there tho, you might as well change the coolant bypass hose unless you like purchasing lots new gaskets.

Getting injectors cleaned is a very good idea as they do get dirty. They replace the o-rings for you too. It's not that expensive either, about $30 per injector.

Firstly O-rings from Toyota is $5 each. I was asking about them before my supra injectors install. Are you taking the actual lower intake manifold off? You'll need to get new gaskets for them if you do and they are $45 each and you need 2. While you are down there tho, you might as well change the coolant bypass hose unless you like purchasing lots new gaskets.

Getting injectors cleaned is a very good idea as they do get dirty. They replace the o-rings for you too. It's not that expensive either, about $30 per injector.

thanks for the reply, what do you mean by changing the coolant bypass hose? and by the way im a bit short on cash at the moment but i do hope to get my injectors cleaned and pressure tested in the near future.