Machined Surface wheel

pezzie

I was just wondering how toyota get their raptor wheels that shiny machined surface. I saw a ZRE with the machined surface raptor wheels and reckon it looks pretty good. I have spare toyota alloys at home but reckon it looks a bit plain with the stock silver colour so i want them to have the machine surface, or ill go powder coat and paint them. Am i able to spray paint or will i have to powder coat to get the machine surface?

At first i just thought about spraying them a gunmetal colour and then lots of clear coat for a shine. But i dont think it would give the same look.

Well you have provided yourself with two options here. You can either machine the surface which will give you the look (or close to the look) you are after, or you can paint or powder coat them, but this will not give you the same effect.

Machining the surface means exactly that. The surface is the bare metal that has been worked to the standard that is required. It is then coated with clear to protect them and to prevent surface corrosion.

ok thanks for that dj. i will probably give it a go, i've taken two weeks to sand one wheel down to the metal before. But ive also done it in a day using paint stripper. but this will have to wait till holidays.