Camry + coilovers

MR 988

Hey everyone,

Did anyone put coilovers on camry? are they bumpy? are BC coilovers good enough for street driving?

any good suggestions for coilovers?

thannks

I have always wanted to, especially since my stock struts are ****ed. I think that most will tell you that BC are the cheaper option, personally i was looking at Ksport but its up to you. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for

I'm on D2 coilovers. The softest setting isnt soft, it'll still be fairly bumpy and the hardest setting is well hard! You will feel every single raise, dip, patchwork on the road so it will be one thing you have to get used to. If you hit a pot hole, it can be bone jarring. But saying that I'm used to it and driving anything else now feels like a big boat. The only real advantage to coilovers is adjustable ride height so if you dont need that then you could very much spend that money on a nice set of shocks + springs combo.

my camry is 2003 sportivo, the only thing i am worrying whether comfortable or not. for D2 coilovers, are they have any noise? or just the same as normal springs? thanks

D2 Coilovers from experience are severely underdampened ie the shocks aren't up to the task of dampening the stiff springs hence why the softest setting still feels stiff and the hardest setting feels even stiffer. In my old EG, I had them on the soft setting, the car kept bouncing around and rock backward and forward after breaking or during cornering despite adjusting the dampers. I was given that setup, promptly after 3 days switched them out to my ITR setup, much better.

The only noise I am getting is the spring noise when turning. Have had that noise come and go on my front left. The suspension place had a look at it and they said everything looks fine. So I just live with it. it only happens when you are I am going slow like parking at shopping centres. Never when driving. I have my coil overs hardness set at 30 out of 36 on the fronts and about 20 or 25 at the rear. Had it set to that to stop scrubbing in corners when the car was sitting a little too low and to try and decrease the weight transfer on take off. And I've just left it as is even after I adjusted the ride height since I'm used to it and quite a few people from here says its actually not that bad when they rode in the car.

If I were to do the suspension again, I would probably go high end adjustable koni range with decent stiff lowering springs as long as the car can stay at the current height.

Maybe compared to the lighter eg, it might be way too stiff but for a big heavy sedan, it wasn't too bad.

Edited by STYLSH

i got one more question about coilovers.

May i just put front coilovers on, and leave rear on lowed springs?

Is that going to be out of balance?

thanks a lot

I have the Pedders Extreme coilovers in my camry, sitting pretty low on low profile tyres and it rides like standard.

They have 30 damper settings from soft to hard.

I had Cusco coilovers in my Lexus IS200 that cost twice the price of these and these handle the same but the good thing is

I can get these riding 100 times more smoother than the Cuscos.

1818; you can do it, but you'll notice the difference in handling. I dont know anyone who did that combo but i can imagine that the handling will be a bit weird.

elgrande; Damnn i should of saved up for them pedders. How low you sitting?

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone,

Did anyone put coilovers on camry? are they bumpy? are BC coilovers good enough for street driving?

any good suggestions for coilovers?

thannks

i just installed recently BC BR coilover for camry. still stiff and bouncy. guess was so used to using original/factory settings.

they look awesome though.

will try to find a suitable setting.