Dodgy suspension?

keifer33

Ok guys car (Corolla '07 ZZE122 Hatch) has just gone out of warranty and stuff starts feeling like its going wrong.

Basically over the last few weeks the car has felt heavier than normal and seems not be as responsive overall. I have checked the power steering fluid and the tyres still have tread left but have done 45k so I understand they are worn but never the less. Also have a front strut brace which I will do a test run and remove over the weekend to see if it makes any difference at all.

Was cleaning my car yesterday and noticed when I pushed on the car one of the rear springs/suspension was making a squeaking noise which none of the other wheel assembly's do. Im going to take it to a suspension shop to get it checked out but wanted to see if anyone has had something similar. I know the roads in WA are horrible and ive done a fair bit of towing/gravel roads but should it be failing after 45k/3yrs?

Any info would be great as I know its vague but just don't know where to start.

Edited by keifer33

Ok guys car (Corolla '07 ZZE122 Hatch) has just gone out of warranty and stuff starts feeling like its going wrong.

Basically over the last few weeks the car has felt heavier than normal and seems not be as responsive overall. I have checked the power steering fluid and the tyres still have tread left but have done 45k so I understand they are worn but never the less. Also have a front strut brace which I will do a test run and remove over the weekend to see if it makes any difference at all.

Was cleaning my car yesterday and noticed when I pushed on the car one of the rear springs/suspension was making a squeaking noise which none of the other wheel assembly's do. Im going to take it to a suspension shop to get it checked out but wanted to see if anyone has had something similar. I know the roads in WA are horrible and ive done a fair bit of towing/gravel roads but should it be failing after 45k/3yrs?

Any info would be great as I know its vague but just don't know where to start.

WA roads aren't too bad. I'm on coilies and at my height its not too bad..

You might need a wheel alignment instead Keith?

• 2 weeks later...