19" tyres

Cookie

36,000 k's and my tyres need replacing.

I've done a bit of a search and found some have fitted Toyo Open Country's instead of the OEM Bridgestones, is there any other tyre that will fit on the OEM rims other than the 2 mentioned?

Any feedback on the Toyo's or prices? I'm not real impressed with the wear of the Duelers or the price....

Thanks

In terms of 245/55R19 tyres , only ones I could find are the Bridgestones Dueler D400 (OEM tyres) which IMO suck, and the Toyo Open Country tyres which I have fitted.

There are other tyres in 255/55R19 that will fit the 19" rims. Plenty of choice in the US - see here but not many of htese are available in Aust. There are several other threads discussing the 255/55R19 options.

I have only had the Toyos for 2,000km so its a bit early to say whether they will last better than the Bridgestones, but they are made from a harder compound and have more tread depth ... so they ought to last better. So far I have not found any great difference in handling or road noise generally, although on rough bitumen at slow speeds the Toyos seem a little noisy.

• 11 months later...

My Toyos now have 34,000 km on them and I expect to achieve 60K+ km out of them.

Rim size appears to be 7.5" see here

Edited by mdv