Lowering DIY?

Hey guys,

Hope there isnt already a topic on this, i couldnt find anything anyway,

I was wondering if anyone has fitted either the king springs or pedders springs by themselves? I have some mates that have done it themselves on falcons and said it wasnt really that big of a deal. Does the Aurion have anything that would maybe different to a falcon?

I would be keen to give it a go myself especially considering i can save $300 on labour but i dont want to start it if i will get half way into and find its too difficult for a DIY job. I know i will still need to get wheel alignment done but im pretty sure $140 that i got quoted from pedders is getting up there in price.

Can anyone advise me as to whether its easier enough to do myself or should i just cough up the $300 bucks fitting cost.

Thanks in advance.

It's easy enough to do yourself as long as you have the right tool. Basically, apart from a jack and jack stands, you will need a decent socket set, torque wrench (preferable) but you an get away without one, and a pair of spring compressors (around $30 from an auto store).

You simply remove each strut, compress the springs, remove the top spring retainer plate, put the new spring in (may need you to decompress the old springs and then compress the new ones), line everything all up and fit the spring retaining plate, and put it all back together.

Afterwards, you take your car over to a wheel/suspension joint, get a wheel alignment, and you are all set.

If you are curious how it all goes together on the Aurion, have a look at the following service manual. Page 15 onwards for the front, and page 35 onwards for the rear:

Camry Stuff - Gen 6 Suspension.pdf

Excellent, Djkor your a legend thanks, i thought it would be reasonably straight forward, dad has all the tools i can steal :) will be a good wke job :), Haha at ELEGNT, not exactly the type of DIY job i was thinking of :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

If you are curious how it all goes together on the Aurion, have a look at the following service manual. Page 15 onwards for the front, and page 35 onwards for the rear:

Hi DJKOR - nice looking car, very impressive! I've got a 2008 AT-X Aurion - although nothing like yours it is a dream to drive!

I am new to this forum and noticed in your post above that you provided a link to a service manual - is there a complete Aurion Manual available for download from anywhere that you are aware of?

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi DJKOR - nice looking car, very impressive! I've got a 2008 AT-X Aurion - although nothing like yours it is a dream to drive!

I am new to this forum and noticed in your post above that you provided a link to a service manual - is there a complete Aurion Manual available for download from anywhere that you are aware of?

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Mate;

The below is taken from the AURION FAQ thread (might pay to have a read of it)

Q) Are there any service manuals available to download for the Aurion?

A) There currently are not any Aurion service manuals that are easily obtainable online for the general public. Luckily however, the Aurion shares a lot in common with the American Specification Gen 6 V6 Camry. This car does however have an online service manual available from: Camry Stuff - Gen6 Manuals. For those with the bandwidth, I have also downloaded them all and put them into one large ZIP file just under 300MB and that can be downloaded from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CKKWYAJT.

Just bear in mind that there will be differences in the manual that is nothing like the Aurion but for a majority of it, and when used as a guide, it is rather useful. As well, for any part number references (no TRD's sorry), you can find the following site useful: http://www.toyodiy.com.

Threads of interest:

Service Manuals