slammed a gutter

i did that in the rain too... but in a 350z.... i bent both axels front and rear and crakd 2 rims at lidcomb near syd uni... damn rain...... no body work damage but boy was it expenisve to fix... stuff like that aint cheap

i did that in the rain too... but in a 350z.... i bent both axels front and rear and crakd 2 rims at lidcomb near syd uni... damn rain...... no body work damage but boy was it expenisve to fix... stuff like that aint cheap

What needed repair?

I had no body damage... but its looking very expensive to fix :(

What needed repair?

2 crackd rims + tyres... ( i still have teh rims... crackd both straight through)

the stuff connecting the axels

powersteering rack

diff

suspension

all up... it was very expensive... as much u pay for a 2nd hand rolla current shape..

waited about 2 months for the parts to come from japan...

so yeah... gutters are dangerous stuff....if takumi can gutter it... doesnt mean u can too... lol

Edited by DuGong

What needed repair?

2 crackd rims + tyres... ( i still have teh rims... crackd both straight through)

powersteering rack

diff

suspension

all up... it was very expensive... as much u pay for a 2nd hand rolla current shape..

so yeah... gutters are dangerous stuff....if takumi can gutter it... doesnt mean u can too... lol

Argh.. not looking good

My back needs repair for sure, im hoping the front is okay

What needed repair?

powersteering rack

diff

suspension

Argh.. not looking good

My back needs repair for sure, im hoping the front is okay

Didn't you just get the car?

Do you want to keep the Hero driving off the road please. :rolleyes:

Bad luck man. I done the same thing in a holden ute. Both of the wheels on the right hand side of the car slammed hard into the gutter and looks like yours does now. Alot of things had to be replaced and if i went through insurance it would of cost around 4500 for parts alone.

It is a bad feeling i know, i did mine 2 hours before midnight mass on easter, oh what a bad feeling! :(

Hmm!!! Guys!! are we into using the gutter technique which Takumi uses :)

Yes, now i know what we're all doing wrong. We're not Takumi... :P

haha, oh yeah. me too. I wrote off my first car in the rain by bending the axle to almost a right angle.

I tried to overtake a truck... in the attempt my near bald rear tyres refused. causing me to fishtail and then do a 180... at which point i was face to face with the truck i was trying to overtake - i thought i was a goner... but i slammed hard sideways into the gutter and the truck zoomed past me barely missing me. not a soul stopped to help me. It was so bad.

The right rear wheel was jammed against the body work, the left wheel was trying to escape the guard and the center of the axle was bentso hard it looked like it wanted to touch the ground.

complete write off.

wow, after the three stories ive told on these forums tonight I really come across as a bad driver...

mm..maybe u just drive too fast and too reckless...drive slowly..and any damage u do will be way less...

I picked up a rear axle from a 05 Levin from a wreckers... 600 bucks :)

Toyota quoted me 1500 i think.. saved myself a few bucks

:ph34r: those figures lol

I could do some cool mods with that kinda mulla :P