KXR Radio Questions

tassie32

Hi guys, just picked up a KXR Kluger and have a couple of questions about the audio system.

1. I have noticed a dramatic difference in sound levels between FM radio and the CD player. Whenever I switch to a CD, I have to turn down the volume to comfortable levels. Is this normal? Can the dealer modify anything?

2. I am interested in incorporating an iPod. Is there an additional AUX input on the rear of the head unit? or am I stuck with an AUX cable sticking out of the front of the unit and dangling down the console to the iPod?

thanks

glen

are the cds you play burnt copies, mp3's etc or purchased commercial cd's?

If home burnt from downloads etc then you probably need to normalise all the tracks to a level that is the same on all tracks. Most downloads/rips are normalized too high so you end up getting a louder and inconsistency between track and in your case sources! The usual standard setting for a normalization program is about 89db.....MP3Gain is a good free program to normaise your tracks before burning to cd.

Edited by Freewuns

Hi guys, just picked up a KXR Kluger and have a couple of questions about the audio system.

1. I have noticed a dramatic difference in sound levels between FM radio and the CD player. Whenever I switch to a CD, I have to turn down the volume to comfortable levels. Is this normal? Can the dealer modify anything?

2. I am interested in incorporating an iPod. Is there an additional AUX input on the rear of the head unit? or am I stuck with an AUX cable sticking out of the front of the unit and dangling down the console to the iPod?

thanks

glen

I have the same problem with the factory fitted unit in the KX-S... listening to the radio at 40 is loud but changing to CD this will cause the windows to shake and you need to adjust the volume down quick-smart to around 30.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is nothing wrong with your unit, I suspect it occurs to all units in all Klugers.

I wrote a message in one of the other threads about "what you dislike most about your Kluger" this was in my top 5.