Forced Induction

addy287

So after seeing/hearing a few superchargers at the Annual Meet its just made me want to supercharge even more. Looking at the cost of a TRD supercharger I thought that I would explore other avenues, just to see whats out there. Been looking at Trents Camry and was just wondering if this sort of set up could be done to a 1MZ, if so:

- Approx cost involved (trent your probably the best to advise on this)

- Estimated power out put, will it be up with the TRD charged or BEYOND!

I am completely open to all your idesa and thoughts, this is just the idea/research stage of my project as i have to source the money and get off my P-plates to be 'legally' alloud to drive it.

So after seeing/hearing a few superchargers at the Annual Meet its just made me want to supercharge even more. Looking at the cost of a TRD supercharger I thought that I would explore other avenues, just to see whats out there. Been looking at Trents Camry and was just wondering if this sort of set up could be done to a 1MZ, if so:

- Approx cost involved (trent your probably the best to advise on this)

- Estimated power out put, will it be up with the TRD charged or BEYOND!

I am completely open to all your idesa and thoughts, this is just the idea/research stage of my project as i have to source the money and get off my P-plates to be 'legally' alloud to drive it.

Let me point you to this thread: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23023

For the Gen 5, but still running the 1mz-fe. My first post on TOCAU.

A very important quote below:

Anything can be made to fit. It all depends on how deep your pockets are!

If you choose to go a custom supercharger fitment you need to find someone who can make sure you get the right sized supercharger.

The Eaton roots type which is what the TRD kit from the US uses can be had in different sizes for air volume capacity, nose drive length for getting the right mounting position and then drive pulley size for the desired supercharger speed. Then a manifold is needed and also a belt drive system.

If you are serious the cheapest and easiest way is to track down a TRD kit from the US, because that is exactly what it is. Once you have a master cylinder modified for a remote reservoir the kit can be fitted in a day!

HAHA thanks man, guess im back to square one. Been looking at some gen 5.5, and i have to say i like the rear/interior of the 5.5, but i love the front end of the 5.

I should combine the two and make a gen 5.25

hey mate so far i have spent over 6 grand on just parts and still need afew items but im not using a trd charger im using a vortech charger which costs more

sean

you got any pics for us? that sounds like an interesting build up you got there...can you give us a few more details?

I can give advice but i wouldnt say im the best to ask for the V6, but i do have a bit of knowledge on it, fuel upgrades required etc. Anthony knows a fair bit, as does Andrew, Dave and Adam from the states, ask Andrew for his details.

As far as it goes, best bang for your buck and most support is available for the TRD charger. I don't know if you went for a ride with Anthony, but that thing is literally mental.

I can give advice but i wouldnt say im the best to ask for the V6, but i do have a bit of knowledge on it, fuel upgrades required etc. Anthony knows a fair bit, as does Andrew, Dave and Adam from the states, ask Andrew for his details.

As far as it goes, best bang for your buck and most support is available for the TRD charger. I don't know if you went for a ride with Anthony, but that thing is literally mental.

I had a ride in Andrews car....i liked it alot haha, what is like the max output of a TRD charger?

With supporting mods, like headers, fuel upgrade, ECU etc etc

hey mate so far i have spent over 6 grand on just parts and still need afew items but im not using a trd charger im using a vortech charger which costs more

sean

you got any pics for us? that sounds like an interesting build up you got there...can you give us a few more details?

right now i dont have any pics cause they are all in the shed only 3 months then the fun starts. as for parts i have a bosh 044 fuel pump, supra injectors, vortech charger, pwr radiator, bigger oil cooler, apexi ecu. thats all i have still a few parts to buy btw i got most of the parts from my friend who works at high octance racing at rydalmere the only major expence was the charger itself it was 3800. right now im getting some piping made up and new exhaust

sean

I had a ride in Andrews car....i liked it alot haha, what is like the max output of a TRD charger?

Anthony has about another 30 HP :P Guys in the US have pushed over 300WHP from memory, so plenty of oomph. U've gotta pay to play dude.

Without working the engine and just doing the Fuel system (rails, pump/regulator etc + adding return line) and a piggyback ecu (minimum) you can put a 5.5psi pulley on it and run around 200kW. In terms of CAI/headers/catback they don't do much in the grand scheme. You'll get more output from more boost.

For reference, I'm running 4psi with no fuel or ECU mod in a car that's 150kg heavier than yours.

edit: Trent, only 30hp more but a poo-load more torque.