Sportivo Exhaust

Wellsie

Hey guys

I'm looking at getting a new exhaust for my 2002 Sportivo, I don't want a noisy "Cannon" but, I want something to make a bit more noise than the stock standard set-up. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers Wellsie

Hey guys

I'm looking at getting a new exhaust for my 2002 Sportivo, I don't want a noisy "Cannon" but, I want something to make a bit more noise than the stock standard set-up. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers Wellsie

I have a full exhaust, however my catback is 2.25" and I'm using a Lukey Turbo muffler.

The equal length extractors would make a difference to the sound, but I'm happy with how my exhaust sounds.

Unlike Andrew, who has money coming out of his blink.gif ...lol

What I'm saying is Andrew paid quite a bit for his system. Do a backyard job of it, and just remove the resonator... or you can take it to an exhaust shop and it'll cost you like $50 max.

Or you can so it the proper way haha

What I'm saying is Andrew paid quite a bit for his system. Do a backyard job of it, and just remove the resonator... or you can take it to an exhaust shop and it'll cost you like $50 max.

Hahahah. Money out of my bum? I think not. If so, I'd be @ 5.5-6.0psi already!

I forgot about the intake resonator. Go to Autobarn and buy a 2.75" aluminium pipe and get them to thread a barb on, size isn't important as it is just a breather hose. That will also increase the engine roar.

cheers guys thanks for the reply's

Cheapest way to make it sound better would be the catback and suitable muffler.

Definitely avoid the cannon and you don't need to replace your cat. It should only cost you at absolute most $250.

I forgot about the intake resonator. Go to Autobarn and buy a 2.75" aluminium pipe and get them to thread a barb on, size isn't important as it is just a breather hose. That will also increase the engine roar.

LOL. I'm on 5.5-6psi and I don't have a money tree either! If you buy things in little bits and pieces, you forget how much you spend. :P

LOL. I'm on 5.5-6psi and I don't have a money tree either! If you buy things in little bits and pieces, you forget how much you spend. :P

I'm so annoyed your fuel setup is so much easier to modify than mine.

/unhappy (that means I am not happy, not end unhappiness)

Definitely avoid the cannon and you don't need to replace your cat. It should only cost you at absolute most $250.

How much would a full exhaust set up cost roughly?

How much would a full exhaust set up cost roughly?

Depends where you go. Most places I went to to get headers done just said no; too difficult.

You can buy from the US headers for the 1mz-fe but by the time they are shipped and customs is paid; you are better off buying local.

For reference my setup is (with their approximate cost):

- Equal length, mandrel bent headers, Mild Steel - $2200 ($2600 for ceramic, $3200 for stainless)

- 2.25" Catback (reusing the cat) with Lukey Turbo Muffler + stainless tip - $400

I was incredibly impressed with the exhaust note, power output and increase in fuel economy. I gained ~9-10kW at the wheels and my fuel consumption dropped from 14.5-15.0L/100km to 12.7-13.5L/100km.

Catback price was expensive but it was easier to get it done at the one place. CES did my headers, I don't know if they still have the template for the headers but if they do the cost will probably be much cheaper. If you do get them done, pay the extra for the ceramic coat. I wish I did.