Getting me a Corona ST141

Fidz-zze

Hey guys im probly getting this Corona '86 ST141. Was wondering if aftermarket and genuine parts are very hard to come by/ expensive? And any recommended mods?

Thanks in advance, Fidz.

ST141 FTW!

I love that model. Such lovely tissuebox lines. Boxy goodness!

And so much potential!!! 3SGTE will fit, and isn't that hard to get in there. And best thing is, even with a nice big BOV, lots of spool and a bit of gating, the cops will be looking around for the skyline or silvia as the wags rolls past. lol.

3SGTE will fit, and isn't that hard to get in there.

Can I have the drugs you're smoking? 3SGTEs are a pain to get converted to RWD, and not cheap either. If you want 2.0L turbo then an SR20 would be much easier and most likely cheaper than a 3S (unless you got a BEAMS and turbo'd that instead).

Can I have the drugs you're smoking? 3SGTEs are a pain to get converted to RWD, and not cheap either. If you want 2.0L turbo then an SR20 would be much easier and most likely cheaper than a 3S (unless you got a BEAMS and turbo'd that instead).

SR20 ftl though, and 3S's arent *that* expensive :P

The engines themselves aren't super expensive, but the conversion is, and with a lot of hassle and customising as the GTE was never designed for north-south.

Trust me, I've seen plenty of people investigate the option on Toymods, and most don't get far when they realise the real scope of the problems.

The engines themselves aren't super expensive, but the conversion is, and with a lot of hassle and customising as the GTE was never designed for north-south.

Trust me, I've seen plenty of people investigate the option on Toymods, and most don't get far when they realise the real scope of the problems.

You're right, its not the *easiest* option out there... that said though, turbo-ing a BEAMS isn't a bad idea... hmm..

HAHAHA you guys!!! thanks there has been a bit of a hiccup with the rego....QLD and gotta get it transferred to NSW...:( but ill be getting it SOON!!!! so excited, plus im eventually selling my rare 03 corolla sportivo sedan.....but i really dont want to :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I've got an '84 ST141, and I'm trying to palm it off to a friend's dad('s Corona collection), since it lost the timing belt in transit (and I picked it up for 200 of the side of the road). I read up on the 2S-C, and apparently it's non-interference, and therefore wouldn't have damaged the valves. Any of you guys able to back that up, coz I'd like to get a new belt and get it running again (it's still a cool car otherwise).

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Cheers.

Joe.