Car charger/12V outlet problem

Kratos

Hi. I've been having an odd problem with a Blackberry car charger that I have always used to charge my phone. I tried to use it as usual by inserting it into the cigarette lighter outlet, but the charger light wouldn't come on. I then decided to insert it into the other outlet, the one near the cup holders.. The charger was working, but when I adjusted the position of the charger by twisting the charger while it was inserted into the outlet, I think I heard a pop, and the charger light stopped working.. Now both the 12V outlets are not working. What gives? Am I not supposed to twist a car charger while it's inserted into the outlet? Or is something wrong with the charger itself? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the following has occurred. Firstly, you have a dodgy quality charger. Don't worry... there are lots out there. In the process of inserting/twisting it, it has blown the fuse on your accessory power outlet. If the front was working before, this charger probably blew that as well.

When inserting/removing anything from the accessory power outlet, try to push it in as quick and firm as possible and same goes with removing it. Also try not to twist it around once plugged in. These can lead to blowing fuses as the way the power connector is designed can sometimes cause slight disconnection within the plug.