4M required! MS65 Crown smokin'...in a bad way!

vince4toc

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help but I've been cruising in MS65 for about 9 months, now she's blowing like a chimney! I bought another 4M months ago, intended for my '66 ute project, and so have dropped that in...it blows too!! She is (was!) my current daily driver, my "project" is a '66 ute. I need to get her working asap.

Does anyone have either clues/info on known issues of the 4M burning oil (further hint...neither engine blow blue on starting up)

...or...

any news on a reliable runner; a wrecked body car with ok engine; or say a later Cressida or other 4M model? (as a newbie, I don't even know all the models that used the 4M...Corona MkII??).

Any word would be of help as I am in the dark on this. Thanks in advance.

I know everyone likes pics, so here's one. I planned to do a simple restoration after my ute project, and so am running around with her as the 'Ratkuza Cruza' - just a bit of fun for now, the look is deliberate - crap paint, excellent chrome, mint interior ;-) So I don't really want to go crazy with rebuilds or swaps (5M/7M/??). If I intended to any of that fuss would be for the ute. (BTW, how fussy is it??)

post-12886-128112135777_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help but I've been cruising in MS65 for about 9 months, now she's blowing like a chimney! I bought another 4M months ago, intended for my '66 ute project, and so have dropped that in...it blows too!! She is (was!) my current daily driver, my "project" is a '66 ute. I need to get her working asap.

Does anyone have either clues/info on known issues of the 4M burning oil (further hint...neither engine blow blue on starting up)

...or...

any news on a reliable runner; a wrecked body car with ok engine; or say a later Cressida or other 4M model? (as a newbie, I don't even know all the models that used the 4M...Corona MkII??).

Any word would be of help as I am in the dark on this. Thanks in advance.

I know everyone likes pics, so here's one. I planned to do a simple restoration after my ute project, and so am running around with her as the 'Ratkuza Cruza' - just a bit of fun for now, the look is deliberate - crap paint, excellent chrome, mint interior ;-) So I don't really want to go crazy with rebuilds or swaps (5M/7M/??). If I intended to any of that fuss would be for the ute. (BTW, how fussy is it??)

post-12886-128112135777_thumb.jpg

sorry if I have repeated myself

have a 5m with recon cressida head in my 74 ms65. it did drop righ in but had to make up new throttle linkage. body rusty, no rego, motor great. where are you I am in gosford

Edited by crownkiz