Clutch replacement on 2004 1zz accsent hatch

B Man

Hi Guys

I need to replace my clutch on my 04 Corolla hatch 1zz motor,was thinking of replacing with excedy clutch kit and was wondering what is the best price on kit and do i have to make any changes to fly wheel or just machine it???Any help would be great thanks guys.

Thank you.

Hi Guys

I need to replace my clutch on my 04 Corolla hatch 1zz motor,was thinking of replacing with excedy clutch kit and was wondering what is the best price on kit and do i have to make any changes to fly wheel or just machine it???Any help would be great thanks guys.

Thank you.

standard excedy clutch? maybe 350-400... i payed 400 for my excedy Heavy Duty clutch, also best get the flywheel machined too so there isnt any clutch shudder. i got that for around 65ish from memory, if u find it in another post diff price my bad.

GL

Hi Guys

Thank you.

standard excedy clutch? maybe 350-400... i payed 400 for my excedy Heavy Duty clutch, also best get the flywheel machined too so there isnt any clutch shudder. i got that for around 65ish from memory, if u find it in another post diff price my bad.

GL

Hi Prozak

Thanks for your reply,did you install it your self or did you get a work shop to do it? was thinking of putting it in my self.Did you run into any troubles at all? Thank you so much for your help bud.

i did it myself, i would of done it at my workshop but im not getting it towed 41km lol, so did it at home...

no problems

Thanks Prozak

Do you have to drop main centre sub frame? Just wondering if i need a centre engine brace to hold engine up well i remove engine mounts? Or can i just use a jack underneth? Cheers.

i didn't no.

i actually used that to support the motor while the gearbox was out ( gearbox holds 3 of the 4 engine mounts ) so i put abit of wood between the sump and the frame which held it up. but ive heard others support it with a engine bridge and remove the frame.