New guy on the block!

Hey everyone!

So I finally got round to joining my first car forum (following buying my first car :D)!

Currently I'm driving a 2010 Corolla Ascent.

A few things I like about it:

- very comfortable

- looks nice

- sounds beefy for a 1.8L

- police haven't even looked at me (sort of a big deal being a p-plater, and the only one out of my friends who hasn't crashed/had any fine/lost licence/ever been pulled over at all - pretty proud of myself :P)

A few things I dislike:

- rear windows are not electric

- clutch is a bit light

- I'd rather the car was lowered and I had less tyre profile (aesthetics and the "sporty" handling)

- if only it made a few more horses... :P

So I suppose you guys will be the people who'll hear and see all about the transformations planned for the 'Rolla' over the next few years :D

Cheers guys!

congrats on the buy!

To anwser a few questions;

You got the ascent model, the levin range have rear electric windows.

Clutch is a bit light, try tracking it a few times, it'll be softer. lol

Stock height is awesome, i used to swallow up animals and ride over mountains on that height. Just ridiculous. Lowered springs or coilovers will fix that problem right up.

Obviously, we bought this corolla type not for the power, power probli not the biggest issue, more torque mid-range for better throttle response would be a definite bonus.

I see your signature, 'biggest sleeper huh?'

headers, full exhaust system, cold air intake and supercharger kit will do it.

Depends what your after, cruiser or mountain runner or track warrior. Theres a few mods out there available for our ZREs now.

Nice buy. Its good to not have any driving history isnt it? Im in the same boat! Pretty hard with all these speed cameras everywhere though.

Should put up some pics.

It's awesome :D

And YES! Jeezus the number speed traps there are around my place is rediculous!

I live in an area where there are long straights where you can see literally 1 and a half kilometers away but it's all 60 and 70 zones... Cops need to make there money I guess... pfft.

congrats on the buy!

To anwser a few questions;

You got the ascent model, the levin range have rear electric windows.

Clutch is a bit light, try tracking it a few times, it'll be softer. lol

Stock height is awesome, i used to swallow up animals and ride over mountains on that height. Just ridiculous. Lowered springs or coilovers will fix that problem right up.

Obviously, we bought this corolla type not for the power, power probli not the biggest issue, more torque mid-range for better throttle response would be a definite bonus.

I see your signature, 'biggest sleeper huh?'

headers, full exhaust system, cold air intake and supercharger kit will do it.

Depends what your after, cruiser or mountain runner or track warrior. Theres a few mods out there available for our ZREs now.

Mate you read my mind; I'm going headers, full exhaust, CAI and S/C, but I'm going to go further with a little stroker kit, and maybe I'll even get the head off the 2ZR-FAE and get some added lift with the valvematic system they got going on them ;)

What do you think?

Also, lol I'm going to replace the clutch later on to a harder stronger one.. hahaha I want to go tracking though, haven't been there yet :D

And finally, yeah the ride hight is good for mountains and elk lol, but with your guys' help I'll be wanting to get some proper suspension going too!

Cheers bud!