RADIO CODES "HELP"

vanman

Hi all, i own a 2006 hiace commuter fitted with a toyota factory fitted fujitsu ten stereo, i changed battery & needed to put sec code into stereo. i was told to use the last 3 digits of the vin, so i did i tried every configuration of the three digits, the stereo is now reading "HELP" on display, i have since rang the dealer where the car was purchased new & got the correct code but the head unit will not let me enter code it just says "HELP".....any ideas...thanks :help:

Hi all, i own a 2006 hiace commuter fitted with a toyota factory fitted fujitsu ten stereo, i changed battery & needed to put sec code into stereo. i was told to use the last 3 digits of the vin, so i did i tried every configuration of the three digits, the stereo is now reading "HELP" on display, i have since rang the dealer where the car was purchased new & got the correct code but the head unit will not let me enter code it just says "HELP".....any ideas...thanks :help:

when the "HELP" comes up on the screen, its time to take it to toyota lol they have to do something to it and they wont tell u how.. happened to my mate

yes toyota dealer u must go it'll take bout 15mins if there not busy then there wont be any security code anymore unless u enter a new 1 in

my vienta has a pioneer 6 stacker that has the same 3 digit pin and said HELP on the screen. so not sure if they are the same

everyone was saying to take it to toyota, but i have instructions on how to unlock it.

if you want the instructions shoot me a PM

Edited by tomee

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Tomee,

Me too.

I have a 2005 corolla. I just changed my battery and somehow have ended up with HELP displayed on the radio.

Can you help me re-code it without having to pay Toyota $55.00 or more.

If you need to email me directly, it is - phillipharris@spin.net.au

Cheers

Phill.

Edited by Phill777

Try pressing "tune ^ " and "1"(depending on the radio it may have a tune ^ button or a track ^ button)

I cant remember if thats for help or sec but it may work

If not im pretty sure i still have a list at work of the keys you can try

tomee, I too would be interested in the instrutions. The only way that I know of is either get the dealer code or read the code out from the head unit.

• 2 months later...

3 digit code before carrying out the procedure.

The letters SEC should be displayed on the radio.

KEY CODE LAST 3 NUMS OF YOUR VIN

1. Turn the ignition on so that only accessories are powered.

2. Hold the TUNE ^ button and the 1 button at the same time until three lines appear.

3. Using the 1 button, press until the first digit of the code appears, using the 2 button press until the second digit of the code appears, using the 3 button press until the third digit of the code appears.

4. Hold the SCAN button until SEC appears on the display and disappears.

The car audio system is now enabled. fOUND THIS IN ANOTHER SECTION HOPE IT HELPS IT DID WORK FOR ME

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

To get out of help code. Hold button number 1,4,6 and push the power button. It will go back to sec. But now when you press arrow/scan up and number 1 it will say code 1. And then press arrow/scan down and 1 and it will now say code 2. I don't know the codes. the Toyota guy is lying when he says need to take the whole unit out. You just need the 2 codes now but they won't give you. .. not for free anyway.!

• 2 years later...

Hi

thank you for showing me how to fix the radio after I had changed my battery. I noticed that the 3 digit code wasn't the last 3 digits of VIN and I got the code from the dealer that I had purchased . Then I followed the instructions given above by feebee62 and it worked out well.

press TUNE ^ button and number 1 button to display the screen where the codes had to be entered, after following all the above steps it worked out.

thank you 

• 9 months later...

I Did the 1,4 & 6  and yes it asks for two codes which I thought was a dead end.Have a 2011 VDJ76 wagon.I happened to flatten the battery (parked at home and left lights on).So I disconnected the battery completely and charged the battery.4 or 5 hours later I hooked up the battery started the car (was grateful for just that )but lo and behold the radio fired up and was now unlocked and up and running.Possible the long discharge on the radio wipes out the lock.Took a while but saved me $65.00 :-)

• 9 months later...

Bzzzt! Yup, resusitating a dead thread... does anyone current;y on these forums have up to date instructions? Have followed these to best of my ability using last three digits of VIN, and dealer code... no dice.

Stereo in help mode when I purchased car, didn't think anything of it, until I googled it [facepalm]

in the alternative, any suggestions for who to go to to get a decent used stereo? :D

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread as well. My Toyota Hiace radio reads HELP as well. I can get to the SEC part and then it comes up with CODE1. The last 3 digits of the VIN, the security code the dealership provided, and 320 don’t work. Called up the local dealership and they’re charging $95 to decode it! 

Any ideas guys? 

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2009 at 6:20 PM, tomee said:

my vienta has a pioneer 6 stacker that has the same 3 digit pin and said HELP on the screen. so not sure if they are the same

everyone was saying to take it to toyota, but i have instructions on how to unlock it.

if you want the instructions shoot me a PM

Hi Tomee, I have the same problem... could you send me the instructions? regards Jon

• 1 year later...

Has anyone got the instructions from Tomee? I did the " 1,4,6 Power" buttons trick after it was locked on he help screen and its asking for a code again and I found "320" in my manual which is apparently the standard fleet code but thats not working so I wonder if the code changes to a factory one after you unlock the 'help ' message?

• 5 months later...

Toyota Yaris 2008, Fujitsu Ten stereo (PZQ60-52020)was in 'help' mode after battery died. I wasn't given the PIN when I bought it 2 years ago. I didn't even know it needed one. Got it back to 'Sec', but still couldn't unlock it. A few weeks after that, started the car one day and the stereo was working. That's great but I still don't know the PIN, if it happens again. Now that it's unlocked is there anyway to change the PIN or even better disable anti-theft security altogether? The manual says I need the old PIN to do that. Is there a way to get the PIN through the stereo itself, since it's unlocked already? I have all the car/stereo details including serial number. Cheers. 

After I changed my battery on my Toyota Corolla 2008, the stereo (Fujitsu Ten stereo) stopped outputting sound (it would still power on).  Occasionally it would make the 'sshhhhhhhhh' sound, but this was always random and didn't last very long.  I didn't 'SEC' or 'HELP' on the display until I started trying to fix.  I eventually fixed it.  These are things I tried:

1. Checked all fuses for a blown fuse.  No blown fuses.

2. Pulled stereo from the dash.  Made sure all connections looked Ok.  No obvious issues with connections.

3. Decided to enter SEC code.  Wasn't sure what it was, so tried last 3 digits of VIN.  Did not work.  Tried a number of other codes and eventually got to the dreaded 'HELP' display.

4.  Hold button number 1,4,6 and push the power button.  This returned to the 'SEC' display.  But I still didn't know the code...

5. After removing stereo from dash, I disconnected all connections to stereo, and left it disconnected for a few days.  I also disconnected the car battery for a day.  Then reconnected battery and stereo...still got the 'HELP' display. 

6. Removed the stereo again and disconnected.  Removed the face plate of stereo. Put the face plate back on.  Reconnected stereo.  It worked!

NOTE:  When I reconnected in step 5 (above), I forgot to reconnect the round cable (I think it is for the aerial).  So I don't know if step 5 was the fix or step 6.  I would try both.

Edited by beet