Lift ay? question regarding VVTL-I

I understand that Lotus, corolla and celica have the 1.8L 2zz vvtl-i engine in common.. just wondering if there are any other (larger) engines out there that also have lift?

Honda have their version of lift to am I correct? any encyclopedia type website featuring this type of info?

pretty sure there are other makes that have their own vairable timing things. Like the old corolla had TVIS etc. Cant remember exactly what makes have them though.

pretty sure these are the only models with Lift.

pretty sure there are other makes that have their own vairable timing things. Like the old corolla had TVIS etc. Cant remember exactly what makes have them though.

TVIS is a variable intake length system... it does not have any effect on timing.

TVIS has nothing to do with valve timing OR valve lift, it's a variable intake system.

In reference to the original question, VVTL-i was Toyota's original variable lift mechanism, and was only used on the 2ZZGE. However, they have since developed Valvematic to replace both VVTi and lift, but is not wide-spread yet (mostly on certain variants of the ZR engine). There are plenty of other variable valve lift systems by other manufacturers though, such as Valvetronic (BMW), VarioCam Plus (Porsche), VTEC/iVTEC (Honda), Multiair (Fiat), MIVEC (Mitsubishi), VVL/VVEL (Nissan), Campro CPS (Proton), AVLS (Subaru), and CPS (Volvo).

• 2 weeks later...