"Fail to proceed"!

djaway

A couple of times over the last 9 months my 09 Aurion has cranked furiously without starting. I turn off ignition, try again and she starts instantly, I then forget about it until some months later it happens again, out of the blue. [maybe some little gremlin in immoboliser?] Any suggestions troops?

Regards djaway@hotmail.com

[According to Rolls Royce their cars never broke down, they just 'Failed to Proceed"]

A couple of times over the last 9 months my 09 Aurion has cranked furiously without starting. I turn off ignition, try again and she starts instantly, I then forget about it until some months later it happens again, out of the blue. [maybe some little gremlin in immoboliser?] Any suggestions troops?

Regards djaway@hotmail.com

[According to Rolls Royce their cars never broke down, they just 'Failed to Proceed"]

I've seen the same kind of symptoms on another car before (granted, not on an Aurion though) and it turns out the Fuel Pump was starting to act up, and could not deliver fuel to the engine when trying to start. You had to turn the ignition Off and On a few times to cycle power through before everything works. Soon enough, the damn thing didn't even want to start AT ALL and when the mechanic had a look, she found that the pump failed because the seals had perished.

My mate had started using the new BP Ultimate fuel at the time and we reckon this either:-

1. Wore out the seals or

2. Was sufficient to trigger the failure of the pump, which was probably on its last legs anyway?.

However, this was a 1990 corolla we're talking about. It had also travelled 250,000++ Km with the original fuel pump. Since your Aurion was built in 2009, it'd be very surprising if your fuel pump was the issue!

I presume you've checked your battery connections too?

You've also kept to the servicing intervals?

You haven't made modifications like NOS kit, blow off valves, Super/Turbo chargers, extractors... aftermarket racing ECU?

You have good quality fuel in the tank?

I'm leaning towards the possibility of the cause being something electrical, possibly your immobiliser. Apart from that, NFI dude.

Cheers,

BB