Facelift KX-S Audio / Bluetooth / Iphone etc

welchap

Hi all

Just picked up a new KX-S on Friday :D. It's all good but having a few issues with the stereo system. I can stream music from my iphone over bluetooth (nice), I can connect my phone for calls etc but a couple of things defeat me.

1. Although it is supposed to support ipod integration, when I plug my iphone in to try and play audio through a cable it just says "LOAD" on the Kluger's screen and you can't do anything else (the phone recognises it as a audio dock and disables controls in anticipation that the car will control it). I haven't tried it with a standard ipod but has anyone had any luck with this?

2. THe bluetooth doesn't seem to support Address book synchronisation - I assume it is not fully supporting the BT Hands Free profile. On my Blueant portable unit and on my old Dodge Journey, the address book was automatically downloaded and on the phone you can see the options to synchronise address books etc. On the kluger there are no options listed on the phone and the address book can't be downloaded. Anyone managed to achieve this ?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a manual for the audio unit - should I have got one from the dealer ?

Cheers

Andy

Many congrats on buting new ride. It's just so much fun to drive this.

I got manual from user, it's a fujitsu unit.

I havnt tried with cable so can't comment on that so far pretty happy with it BT audio streaming. Only need to press mode button steering wheel to start playing from my iPhone.

There are instructions in manual to add numbers but could not spare time so far to try that either.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Just picked up a new KX-S on Friday :D. It's all good but having a few issues with the stereo system. I can stream music from my iphone over bluetooth (nice), I can connect my phone for calls etc but a couple of things defeat me.

1. Although it is supposed to support ipod integration, when I plug my iphone in to try and play audio through a cable it just says "LOAD" on the Kluger's screen and you can't do anything else (the phone recognises it as a audio dock and disables controls in anticipation that the car will control it). I haven't tried it with a standard ipod but has anyone had any luck with this?

2. THe bluetooth doesn't seem to support Address book synchronisation - I assume it is not fully supporting the BT Hands Free profile. On my Blueant portable unit and on my old Dodge Journey, the address book was automatically downloaded and on the phone you can see the options to synchronise address books etc. On the kluger there are no options listed on the phone and the address book can't be downloaded. Anyone managed to achieve this ?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a manual for the audio unit - should I have got one from the dealer ?

Cheers

Andy

I need to play around with my iPOD more, I have a 30GB Video iPOD (3rd gen?) it doesn't seem to recognise it properly. ie. It doesn't switch to iPOD mode when connected via USB like the stereo manual says.

The stereo manual is a separate document, included with the warranty and owner's manual (no glossy cover, check it's not there first before contacting your dealer)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

had the Bluetooth/Ipod/Stereo software update installed on my November 2010 build Kluger KX-S today. What is everyone's feedback re the fix? Does it resolve all the known issues with Toyota Bluetooth on the current model Kluger which appear in numerous threads or is this just part of the process that you must go through before Fujitsu replace the entire head unit?

Appreciate some feedback please.

• 2 weeks later...

so what wasnt working and working after this update, some details would be realy appreciated.

Toyota are ordering a new head unit for my KX-S. From what the service manager said, it sounds like the only way to update the software is to replace the unit?

I'm keen to hear whether it has resolved the issues for others too...

that means this issue was in pre 2011 (faclift) model only? or is this the case with facelist model too?

Sorry - got my threads mixed up :whistling:

My issue is with the sh!thouse sound quality on the other end with Bluetooth. Also reluctance to connect to the phone at times.

Hopefully replacing the headunit will resolve the problem.

• 3 months later...

IOS 5 didn't make any difference.

Still getting the dreaded LOAD on the headunit when connecting the iphone 4 by USB cable.

Has anyone managed to get a replacement headunit fitted to resolve the 'LOAD' issue? If so, how long did it take for the dealer to do something about it?

I've been hounding my dealer. They're still waiting on an answer from Fujitsu.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys and Girls.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone was able to solve these problems above or successfully have the unit replaced.

I have the 2010 Altitude model which has the same updated 6 stack head unit.

I have recently purchased and iphone and it was working ok until the recent iphone update ( I think 5.1 ). Now it says it is successfully connected but does not connect when a call is made or received and although the audio controls on the steering wheel and head unit operate the itunes and phone no audio is transmitted.

I have checked the obvious items such as volume control and have tried to remove and reregister the phone and pair the connection and still nothing.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok all fixed.

Apparently all you need to do is turn the phone off and on a few times while deleting and reregeristing the phone and it will eventually work.

Anyway all good now and back to being happy with the Kluger.