LED interior lighting

1994Camry

Ok, to anyone wanting to do this I did it! =D

You'll need to remove the back seat and remove the plastic trim from the B pillar on the drivers side, I had to use two wires and both were attached to the interior light and fed down the B pillar (you'll probably need someone to help with this part because you'll have to push the roof up so the wires have a clear path).

You'll see the wires coming down the pillar, pull them down to the seat belt reel and run them around the back of the back seat (hence why I said to remove it) pull them all the way through until you have excess on both sides. Otherwise when you move the seats you'll risk breaking something.

Splice the wires onto the new led's, the other end, on the interior light go to seperate earths or they wont turn off and also make sure not to let either wire touch the metal roof behind the light or it'll short out and take a lot of stuff with it (easily fixed with a 20A fuse AFTER moving the exposed wire). Test it with the interior light hanging to avoid this and to make sure everything is in the right place, if it is then screw the interior light back into place and then reconnect all the plastic trim.

That should be it from memory, a few things I should mention - I use an smd bulb for my interior light and adding the led's does not draw power power from it. You will not need a relay or install any additional fuses.

Hopefully this will help someone and since it's 5:30am and I can see daylight outside I'm going to sleep lol

Yep, pics will be up in a day or two hopefully. I'm still working on it at the same time, I'm adding some hooks so I can change seat covers without accidently ripping it all out

Edited by 1994Camry