Engine Problem.

AshhyyXD

Hey everyone,

Okay well the car has just had the water pump all the belts (Including Timing belt) Change, The water pump changed, thermostat taken out, Spark PLugs and leads have been Changed, But it seems to be running really sluggish and it has trouble started ( Takes longer then usual ) Everything on it is standard expect for the exhaust but that hasn't effected it before, Oh and its a 1991 Toyota Celica SX. Whilst driving it takes a while to go throw the gears. and takes for ever to gain speed, but still drive-able Any idea? Thanks

Hey everyone,

Okay well the car has just had the water pump all the belts (Including Timing belt) Change, The water pump changed, thermostat taken out, Spark PLugs and leads have been Changed, But it seems to be running really sluggish and it has trouble started ( Takes longer then usual ) Everything on it is standard expect for the exhaust but that hasn't effected it before, Oh and its a 1991 Toyota Celica SX. Whilst driving it takes a while to go throw the gears. and takes for ever to gain speed, but still drive-able Any idea? Thanks

Who changed all these things for you?

Hey everyone,

Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1? Timing belt replaced, and now the timing is out...

Hey everyone,

Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1? Timing belt replaced, and now the timing is out...

I think I am B2!

OP: Get a timing light on there and see what your timing is, I am guessing that it will be pretty far retarded.

You may need to remove the timing belt and reset the timing.

although you could be lucky in that the ignition timing is out, not the cam.

Sorry about the late reply... I thought that the timing was out too. Me and my mates dad did it, hes done many things with cars in his time.. but hopefully its only the timming, but would this cause the ECU light to be on?

Maybe, but its more likely a sensor thats been disconnected/knocked loose.

Tell your dad to go and check the timing (cam and ignition) and check all the sensors around the head.

Sorry about the late reply... I thought that the timing was out too. Me and my mates dad did it, hes done many things with cars in his time.. but hopefully its only the timming, but would this cause the ECU light to be on?

Maybe, but its more likely a sensor thats been disconnected/knocked loose.

Tell your dad to go and check the timing (cam and ignition) and check all the sensors around the head.

Thanks mate, Sorry about all the question lol, dont know to much about cars ha