Good mechanic in melbourne west area..

Nightfall

Hi all, I'm the fool who wrote about the coolant thing about eight hours ago. As I kept looking, i came to think that it might not be

a coolant problem but a bigger one, such as thermostat or radiator, at worst head gasket. Hence looking for a good mechanic, in melbourne's west suburbs.

I live in maribyrnong near footscray and I see a lot of mechanics around highpoint shopping centre, which makes me hard to choose one. I had been ripped off

by a dealer and a mechanic a couple of times in the past so I need someone who really knows his job and does a transparent work, is honest and possibly good with Toyota.

(I doubt if there's a single mechanic who fits all the description but..) Even a vaguest idea would help this poor man. Thank you.

i recommend mohammed at aciton brake and clutch in fawkner. he was a toyota foreman and works on a couple of 2zz including mine. very knowledgable guy.

Good luck

Thank you but I went to Ruiz Car Care right across the safeway caltex highpoint, and it was pretty good. Turned out that the problem was a thermostat not working properly,

thus changed it, drained the radiator fluid and refilled. There was few oil left in the motor, which the mechanic said either the previous mechanic did a sloppy job doing the

minor service or the overheating made the oil burn out and be evaporated. Engine oil refill + Thermostat replacement + coolant topup + labour cost me 140 bucks. Does this sound

reasonable?

I had been ripped off by a dealer and a mechanic a couple of times in the past so I need someone who really knows his job and does a transparent work, is honest and possibly good with Toyota.

If your willing to spend the Extra $$$$ you can take it to a Toyota Dealer