Kluger gearbox mapping

lumpy one

I have just taken my 2011 Grande on a dash from Sydnee to GC. I have noticed there seems to be a difference in the cruise control from my previous car. With the control engadged at around 100kph when you use the the control to touch up the speed it seems that the gearbox kicks itself down two gears and the motor seems to work quite hard to increase speed.

So my question is can the gearbox changing control be remapped to inhibit the harshness of the changedown. I have had them look at the box at the 1000 confidence look at as it was having trouble changing up. They fixed that.

Otherwise great cruise on the Pacific highway very smooth.

I have just taken my 2011 Grande on a dash from Sydnee to GC. I have noticed there seems to be a difference in the cruise control from my previous car. With the control engadged at around 100kph when you use the the control to touch up the speed it seems that the gearbox kicks itself down two gears and the motor seems to work quite hard to increase speed.

So my question is can the gearbox changing control be remapped to inhibit the harshness of the changedown. I have had them look at the box at the 1000 confidence look at as it was having trouble changing up. They fixed that.

I hate using the cruise anywhere too hilly, as it is very aggressive in kicking down if any speed is lost on hills. Sorta catches you out a bit when the car is new to you. I'd say this is a

combination of weight of the vehicle , and a slight lack of torque in a vehicle this heavy. As good as this motor is, it is dealing with a fair bit of weight. As normally cruising is so quiet,

refined, and fuss free, it is a little shock at first how aggressive the cruise is when dealing with hills.

Every kluger I have driven works the same way like this with cruise. Bring on a torquey turbo diesel motor in the next model to match/beat the upcoming Territory's!!! Imagine a twin turbo diesel

with around 200kw, 550nm of torque, and sub 10 fuel economy. Check out what some other companies are doing with modern diesel's if your think it impossible!!!

Edited by wilsact

• 2 weeks later...

I hate using the cruise anywhere too hilly, as it is very aggressive in kicking down if any speed is lost on hills. Sorta catches you out a bit when the car is new to you. I'd say this is a

combination of weight of the vehicle , and a slight lack of torque in a vehicle this heavy. As good as this motor is, it is dealing with a fair bit of weight. As normally cruising is so quiet,

refined, and fuss free, it is a little shock at first how aggressive the cruise is when dealing with hills.

Every kluger I have driven works the same way like this with cruise. Bring on a torquey turbo diesel motor in the next model to match/beat the upcoming Territory's!!! Imagine a twin turbo diesel

with around 200kw, 550nm of torque, and sub 10 fuel economy. Check out what some other companies are doing with modern diesel's if your think it impossible!!!

Done my time with turbo diesels, that's why I ended up with the Kluger.

The gearbox............what a piece.

Drove it to Sydney (from Coffs) over Christmas. Went stupid whenever there was a hill, suddenly dropping down two gears & screaming the engine to try & make up 3 or 4 kph.

If resume was selected after going through a 60km town, it would work its way up to about 85kmh in 4th then suddenly jump back to 2nd & scream it's head off till it got back to 100kph.

I agree it sounds like a lack of torque, but why would it be happy in 4th until nearly 90 then suddenly go mad?

I tried this all the way down & it did the same thing.

Started using the cruise on the way back, but gave it away before Berowra.

Even without the cruise on it still seems lost for gears & doesn't seem happy, always up & down even on relatively straight stretches.

Not really impresssed at all.

Thanks Snark

Yeah seems we share the same problem of a very peaky gearbox in cruise control

Maybe I might see at service what can be done its an electronic gearbox after all and they can change chips so I'll have to drive slow and be cautious in cruise mode