Pod Filter

Hi guys,

Just wanted a little advice?

I know theres an easy mod section going on but wanted a little advice regarding CAI and pod filters.

I was planning on saving for a good CAI and money wont be a problem, but a friend suggested to me if im not looking for anything really serious to just get a pod filter instead of a CAI?

Reason being that in melbourne where it rains a fair amount, driving through puddles is problematic because the water rushes in and if i dont put my clutch in fast enough the water will travel through the engine and stuff a few things up? I havent modded engines before, just normally self install a sound system (which i will be doing) but i was looking at inceasing potential slightly.

Any recommendations?

Im running an prefacelift 03 stivo.

Any help is great! cheers boys

Hi guys,

I know theres an easy mod section going on but wanted a little advice regarding CAI and pod filters.

I was planning on saving for a good CAI and money wont be a problem, but a friend suggested to me if im not looking for anything really serious to just get a pod filter instead of a CAI?

Reason being that in melbourne where it rains a fair amount, driving through puddles is problematic because the water rushes in and if i dont put my clutch in fast enough the water will travel through the engine and stuff a few things up? I havent modded engines before, just normally self install a sound system (which i will be doing) but i was looking at inceasing potential slightly.

Any recommendations?

Why not just get a good panel filter and run a duct from the airbox to the front of the car.

Hi guys,

Any recommendations?

welcome to the forums dude :clap:

yes it rains in melbourne alot lately, but i wouldn't be driving ANY car through flood waters. CAI would sit just above the foglights so if u were gonna hydro lock ur car, u'd be driving thru VERY deep flood waters -_- (not recommended of course)

micks suggestion was exactly how i bought my car. came with a bunnings flexible plastic tube from the stock air box to the front of the car. but this looked ugly + the distance the air would have to travel would be too great to see a real noticeable difference. ever since i replaced that with my trd cai + 3A racing pod filter, its the best thing i've done on my car at the time.

my opinion, do it once and do it right. just save up for a second hand cai that maybe floating around in the forums and u might just be lucky. :)

or u can come on one of our meets and one of the boys including myself will be more than happy to help u out. ;)