AE 100 - 112 gear knob removal

Had a look in the previous threads section and found nothing so if I'm doubling up sorry, but has anyone removed the gear knob from this series and if so is there a trick to removing it? I'm having no luck ATM and with every other car ive owned u just twist it anti clockwise and it unwinds. Unless the previous owner has been a complete psycho and done it up uber tight or superglued the thread or there's some kind of a reverse thread lock nut im not aware of I'm stumped. Sorry for the stupid question Ppl but it's got me beat.

Hey stew.

There is no trick to it, just twist anti-clockwise.

Yours must be stuck in some uber strong sticky stuff.

Maybe hit it up with a hot air gun at a low heat for a little while and it should expand it and make it easier.

Mine was stuck fast, I actually ended up twisting the vinyl cover off before the knob itself started turning.....that then revealed a hard plastic knob with little ribs on it (sounds dirty when you think about it) that gave plenty of purchase for an adjustable wrench to grab hold of and turn....

well... i just did it... used a shammy to pack out the pliars and not damage the knob... guess what i found... a dirty great big glob of effing super glue... no wonder I couldn't move it... only problem is now that the thread on my knob is too small... so seeing as its just a plate with a bolt welded to the back and then rivetted into countersunk holes on the very slim outter wall of the piston, I think this is gonna be dead in the water... need to increas the hole about 1mm either side so might try and retap the welded bolt and see how that plays out... but i may have to cave and buy another gearknob if i want something cool... really sad because I want my piston head as a gear shifter... :(