LPG KLUGER - what economy am I getting

liebs73

I recently had my '09 KX-R 2wd converted to GAS.

So far I'm loving it, and have no complaints or regrets....(57.9c per litre last night in Melbourne).

What Im interested in working out is what sort of economy figures I'm getting.

I know I'm supposed to get around 35% less economy using gas but how do I go about calculating my figures (made more difficult as LPGAS doesnt have an accurate guage like petrol tanks do)

Any suggestions, or might anyone else who is on gas have done the sums?

Just do the same thing as you would do with petrol. Record how many L of gas you refuel with then calculate how many KMs you driven in that refuel.

so the easy formula is: (L/KMs)/100

It is a little more difficult than that, The new ones normally start off on petrol until the engine is at the optimum temp then it coverts over. I have an adventra(traded the kluger in) and it uses about 17L/100 on gas, but i also have to consider that i have to fill a full petrol tank about once every 3-4 months. Therefore if you know when it switches over you could write down the k's and when you stop record the stop k's, this will get very hard to keep track of if wife gets in and doesnt record it...

• 5 weeks later...

Try to fill up at the same servo & same fill point, note litres added then record kilometres travelled, then when you need gas again, do as above then divide litres added into kilometres travelled. there you have L/100kms.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, i have Kluger 2010 with LPG. Uses approx 14-15 litres of LPG in town ( sydney traffic ) driving. Very happy with gas conversion. No loss of power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Gassed our 09 KXS yesterday, donut tank where spare was, 77 litre tank with 55 litre usable, hoping to refit the spare wheel where the rear 2 smaller seats are as we will never use them. If not, well a can of tyre repair will have to do as a temporary tyre fix. would take the spare on a long trip though.

We used the Sprint Gas system which is injected vapour as Sprint Gas have dealers in every state if a warranty repair is required. No real power loss.

The first surprise was at the bowser, $30 instead of $80 to fill up.

Cheers

Geoff

did u find any problems with spring gas lpg system? How is the car running? I have Stargas system . This is my second LPG conversion. I had one done on my tarago ( not happy , always some issues ) but Kluger running perfectly without any issues.

post-25229-0-42344200-1313758819_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay with the reply, been away. only issue is with fuel gauge at the moment, gsuge goes down without using petrol?????? it must be computer driven somehow and not just a simple fuel tank gauge.??? somebody might know about this?? Anyway it runs very well, trip computer says 11.5 L/100 on a trip @ 110kph. I know some petrol is used on start up & until engine reaches temperature, I estimate about 3k then switches to gas. It's going back for a check on Monday as I can smell LPG driving around town but ok on the open road???

cheers

Geoff

Hi,my car switches to gas in approx 1K from start up. The LPG system is setup for change over at 30 degrees. Normally is around 45 degrees. The petrol guage is gowing down as is computer driven but comes back to full after some disance traveled. Regards